Bengal Brew and Wolf & Bear is not an ordinary cafe where you just drink and eat. A whole new cafe experience for everyone especially for cat and dog lovers! A unique experience where you can be around and play with different breeds of cats and dogs.
This November, my friends and I planned to climb Mt. Batulao in Batangas, but at the day of the climb, we lacked sleep and we changed our mind about going. Instead, we ended up going to Cubao to meet our friend and try Bengal Brew and Wolf & Bear.
BENGAL BREW AND WOLF & BEAR CAFE
The cafe is divided into three parts: the cafe, the cat room (Bengal Brew) and the dog room (Wolf & Bear).The cafe is where you order your food and drinks and change footwear. The cat houses the Bengal Cats and the two African Servals. The dog room houses different breeds including, Siberian Huskies, a Poodle, Alaskan Malamutes, Pugs and many more. This is also the place for dining.
We chose to experience both cats and dogs as it was the default for the weekends. We entered a room where we removed our shoes and changed to slippers for hygienic purposes.
The Cat Room was designed for cats can freely roam around and play. There were elevated catwalks for them to walk and sleep on if they don’t want to be bothered by visitors. Bengal Cats dominated the place. They are cute and fuzzy-wuzzy. What surprised us were these 2 African Servals named Lucas and Gabriel. They are huge for house cats. Actually, they are wild cats that were bred in captivity and tamed.
WOLF & BEAR
Beside the Cat Room is the Dog Room. It has 2 floors, one for the big guys and one for the toy dogs. The big boys such as the Alaskan Malamutes, Siberian Huskies, Akita, Poodle and New Foundland are located downstairs. Some of them were named after the Direwolves of Game of Thrones like Ghost and Lady. The Alaskan Malamutes caught our attention, they are huge and friendly except for Zero, which is the alpha male. The Akita is Tchiko, named after Hachiko. He kept on barking on us, but once we sat beside him, he turned into this shy dog sitting at the corner of his cage.
Upstairs was where we drank our drinks while playing with these cute little dogs: a Jack Russell Terrier, Pugs, and an Italian Greyhound. They’re playful and naughty. ;P
Visiting the place relieved ourselves. We didn’t acquire the peace from seeing the view from the top of a mountain, but we received it from these furry creatures. It was a fun experience, especially for me which is somewhat afraid of dogs. 😛
- G/F Manhattan Parkview, Gen. Malvar Avenue, Araneta Center, Quezon City, Metro Manila, Philippines
- Rates:PackagePrice1-hour stay, choose between Cats or Dogs with 1 drink (Weekdays Only)199 Pesos1-hour stay for both cats and dogs with 1 drink299 Pesos1-hour stay for both cats and dogs with 1 food and 1 drink399 Pesos
CHECK OUT THESE DISCOUNTED/PROMO RATES IN KLOOK:
- Art in Island: 3D Interactive Art Gallery Ticket
- Manila Ocean Park Ticket
- The Mind Museum BGC All-Day Pass
- Seda BGC Staycation with Breakfast and ₱1000 Food Credits
- The Big Binondo Food Wok
- For hygienic purposes, socks are required. Bring one or you can buy one there for 50 Pesos.
- Be cautious. The pets inside are friendly and vaccinated but they can also be irritated once disturbed.
- Last but not the least, be prepared for the smell. :p