BEATING THE LOCKDOWN BLUES
During the pandemic, lockdowns were implemented to avoid the rising transmission of the virus and it came to a point where the Philippines was divided into different bubbles in which you are restricted in the bubble that you are currently living. Travel from NCR + (Metro Manila and the nearby provinces) bubble to other provincial bubbles was not allowed. Fortunately, Rizal is part of the Metro Manila bubble. A lot of wonderful cafés and restaurants in Rizal reopened to cater to everyone. Back then, eating out was a good way to be relieved from the lockdown blues. One of the known restaurants that was always visited is Burrow Café in Antipolo.
Burrow Café was built by Vitty Gutierrez and aims to bring people closer to nature through its natural ambiance and delicious meals. It is an underground cafe as the name suggests but it is really not underground, it is below the main road but it is still above the normal ground as it is located on the slope of the mountain. It is surrounded by plants and trees and below it is a spring/river which can be accessed through one of their stairs. As you wait for your food, you can explore and appreciate the surrounding nature.
FOOD TRIP AT BURROW CAFÉ
Almost a year ago, I went there with my friends and cousins. We went there without a reservation and fortunately, we were accommodated. They encourage reservations for guaranteed seatings. Going inside the restaurant can be a challenge since you have to walk down a steep ramp or stairs. Upon entering the restaurant, you’ll experience a rustic vibe. Wide and wooden windows with a view of nature will greet you. As for their food, I have been there twice and I can say that their food is really good. It is pricey but the taste and the ambiance stood up to the price. I’ll let these pictures make you drool for a while.
Lockdown or not, you should visit Burrow Café to escape from the hustle and bustle of the metro and have a moment of good food and peace with nature.
- 113 Beverly Hills Subdivision, Barangay Beverly Hills, Antipolo City, Rizal, Philippines
HOW TO GET THERE:
- By Private Transportation
- Via Ortigas Avenue Extension – From Metro Manila, take the Ortigas Avenue Extension. Upon reaching Tagaytay Rotonda, continue still to Ortigas Avenue Extension then turn right and enter Beverly Hills Subdivision.
- By Private Transportation
REQUIREMENTS (AS OF FEBRUARY 2022):
- Visitors are required to present the following:
- Valid ID
- Vaccination Card
CHECK OUT THESE DISCOUNTED/PROMO RATES IN KLOOK:
- Treasure Mountain Day Tour
- Luljetta’s Hanging Gardens Spa Day Pass
- Tanay, Rizal Day Tour
- Loreland Farm Resort Staycation with Breakfast
- Avilon Zoo Ticket
- Website: http://www.antipolobeehouse.com/
- Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/burrowcafe.ph/
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Number (Mobile): 0917 622 9795
- Instagram: burrowcafe.ph
- Operating Hours:
- Wednesday to Friday 8:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M.
- Saturday & Sunday, 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M.
- Monday & Tuesday: Closed
- The stairs going down the café are steep so wear comfortable footwear.
- Reservations can be requested but walk-ins are also allowed on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- Parking Spaces are available.
- No smoking and littering, a fine of P3000 will be imposed.
- No face mask, no entry.
- Pets are not allowed.