Aside from climbing destinations, Rizal has been trending lately as a near go-to destination during the pandemic as an escape from staying at home for a very long time. Crescent Moon Cafe has always been a go-to place for people who love to eat and discover new hobbies such as pottery.
@motionsbyjase Mga Platitos at Platitas, Paaasoook! ???? Btw, ansarap ng suman nila! Pramis! ???????? #CrescentMoonCafeandStudioPottery #pottery #coffee #Rizal ♬ Trip Lang – Shehyee
CRESCENT MOON CAFE AND POTTERY
My cousins decided to visit cafes and restaurants in Rizal as our bonding after a long time of not seeing each other. Aside from the Burrow Cafe, we’re very interested in visiting Crescent Moon Cafe for its pottery and ceramics.
In 1997, Bey and Lanelle Fernando opened Crescent Moon Cafe not only as a restaurant and pottery shop but also as a peaceful and relaxing getaway from Metro Manila. Crescent Moon Cafe and Studio Pottery has a restaurant, a pottery store, and an art space. Just beside the restaurant is a very huge Koi pond which was a bomb crater before by the way. We hadn’t tried their main dishes since we had already eaten lunch, but we tried their desserts like the Suman at Mangga, Suman a la Mode, and Suman at Tsokolate which were really good.
POTTERY STORE AND ART SPACE
The pottery store sells stoneware ceramics handmade by Lanelle Abueva-Fernando in the studio. The collection is composed of plates, bowls, cups, pots, figures, and many more. They also offer workshops at the bar and the art space for those who are interested to learn pottery.
If you want to de-stress and learn a new hobby, Crescent Moon Cafe and Pottery Studio is the place to be during this pandemic. With good food and art, the pandemic blues will surely go away.
IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR MORE CAFES AND POTTERY STUDIOS, CHECK CUBAO EXPO IN QUEZON CITY!
FOOD GUIDE & TIPS
HOW TO GET THERE:
By Private Transportation
- Via Sumulong Highway in Rizal – From Metro Manila (Cubao), take the Marikina-Infanta Highway (Marilaque Highway). Drive until you reach the junction then turn left to Sumulong Highway. Continue driving and turn left when you reach L. Sumulong Memorial Circle. At the Lico’s Triangle Park Roundabout, take the 3rd exit on E. Rodriguez Avenue and then turn right to Sapang Buho Road. Drive until you reach the Crescent Moon Cafe.
CHECK OUT THESE DISCOUNTED/PROMO RATES FROM KLOOK:
- Treasure Mountain Day Tour
- Luljetta’s Hanging Gardens Spa Day Pass
- Tanay, Rizal Day Tour
- Loreland Farm Resort Staycation with Breakfast
- Avilon Zoo Ticket
REQUIREMENTS (AS OF MARCH 2022):
- Visitors are required to present the following:
- Valid ID
- Vaccination Card
- Website: https://crescentmoonantipolo.com/
- Facebook Page: CrescentMoonCafeAndStudioPottery
- Email: email@example.com
- Contact Number (Landline/Telephone): (02)8234-5724
- Operating Hours: Wednesday to Sunday, 9:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M.
- Book a reservation before going especially during peak seasons.
- Parking Spaces are available.
- You can purchase potteries and ceramics from their studio
- Pottery Workshops are also available. Contact them for the price and schedule.