CRYSTAL BEACH RESORT
Crystal Beach Resort is located in the town of San Narciso, Zambales. A town right just after San Antonio, the jump-off point for Anawangin and Nagsasa coves. The resort offers surfing lessons, surfboard rentals, camping, bonfires, and sometimes beach parties when events are held in the place.
It is the time of the year again for our annual camping trip. We’re choosing between Magalawa Island and Crystal Beach Resort. Both are in Zambales and offer a camping experience. We chose the one with the ease of access. Magalawa Island requires a boat transfer, so we chose Crystal Beach Resort.
We rode a Victory Liner bus bound for Iba/Sta. Cruz in Caloocan. We told the ticket booth that we were going to drop at San Narciso and charged us 277 pesos per head. The trip took almost 4 hours. We dropped near San Sebastian Parish Church and took a trike going straight to Crystal Beach Resort. It took us less than 10 minutes.
CRYSTAL BEACH RESORT – CHILL AND RELAX
We arrived at the resort around noon. We registered at the front desk and paid the amount of 295 Pesos per head (We brought our own tent). One of the staff guided us to the campsite, but we chose a spot near the beach. The resort is wonderful — simple, well-maintained, and clean.
We set camp beneath the pine trees and from there, we have a view of the sea. While we cooked our food, we sat there in peace. It was very relaxing.
There are cottages, swings, and benches for you to relax on. The sand is grayish-white like what beaches in Zambales look like. The sea has strong waves so it is really recommended for surfers.
One of the highlights of the resort is the breathtaking view of the sunset. We sat down in awe and waited until darkness came.
We cooked and ate our dinner by the beach. By the way, if you haven’t brought any food, they have a restaurant. We just really want to cook our own food. 😛 After dinner, we stayed at the campsite where the bonfire was lit for people to gather beneath the stars.
The next day, we took the time to explore the resort and take some photos. The place is picturesque. Luckily, there were few guests, we had the liberty to take clean shots.
After lunch, we checked out of the resort and returned back to Manila. We were very satisfied with our stay here. If only we could stay longer, we’d definitely do other things that the resort offers. I want to return here again someday just to chill and relax. This is a place to be with nature. A place to let go of worries and be in peace. If you want a weekend getaway near Manila, I recommend you go here.
IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR THE SAME VIBE AS CRYSTAL BEACH RESORT, CHECK OUT EL ZAMBA VILLAS IN LIWLIWA.
TRAVEL GUIDE & TIPS
HOW TO GET THERE:
- Take Bus (Victory Liner) from Caloocan to San Narciso, Zambales (Fare = P272, Travel time = 4 Hours)
- Take a tricycle from the terminal (just along the highway) to Crystal Beach Resort (Fare = 15 Pesos/person, Travel time = 15 Minutes)
*As of 2022, they have changed their rates:
- CLICK HERE FOR RESERVATIONS:
CHECK OUT THESE DISCOUNTED/PROMO RATES FROM KLOOK:
- Contact Numbers: 0933-8509144 (Sun), 0915-6023636 (Globe)
- Email Adress: email@example.com
- Facebook Page: crystalbeachresort
- If you are camping, hide your food or put it on higher ground to prevent dogs from finishing your food.
- The bonfire is lit every 8:00 P.M., free of charge
- Wi-Fi is available in the reception area.
- There is a sari-sari store inside where you can buy snacks and drinks.
- They have a restaurant that is open from 7:00 A.M. to 9:00 P.M.
- If you don’t want to go camping, they offer fan and air-conditioned rooms.
- There are flags on the beach that indicate the safe places for swimmers.
- If you’re on a budget, there are eateries outside the resort where you can buy food for a lower price.
- They also offer a lot of activities such as Surfing Lessons, Island Hopping, Beach Camping, Music by the Beach, Team Building Activities, Kayaking, Frisbee, Billiard, Ping-pong, Darts, Basketball, Beach Volleyball, Log Climbing, and Trekking.