Last month, my girlfriend invited me to one of the newest Food Parks in the Metro. Eating is probably one of our favorite bonding moments. Before food parks sprouting one after another, we always visit Mezza Norte in Trinoma. We love the variety of foods to choose from. This July, we were ready for another food trip and tried The Food Hive on Visayas Avenue.
THE FOOD HIVE
The Food Hive is a collection of Food Stalls owned/created by celebrity chefs. So if you want quality food, you’ll never go wrong with this place. There are a lot to choose from — Japanese, Italian, Filipino, Mexican and etc.
We only tried a few yet we left very satisfied! Especially, from the oozing cheesy madness of the Nachos Ala Bomba (P195) from LA CARNITA MODERN MEXICAN CANTINA! Nacho Chips with Mozzarella Cheese and Mexican beef on top. I melt with the cheese! Top that!
Another contender is this pasta called… wait, I forgot its name. haha! Sorry about that, but it is from Pappare Ristoranti. It is a carbonara-looking pasta but with egg on top! It was my first time seeing pasta topped with egg but when we started tasting it, it was amazing! Maybe the reason I forgot its name is because of its goodness.
Our Third Dish is this Pinapaitan or Papaitan from Goatcha. For those of you who don’t know Pinapaitan, It is an Ilocano Dish made from goat innards. It has this strong bitter taste. I’ve tasted Pinapaitans before but not this strong. I’m not sure which is the right taste but maybe this from Goatcha has the real one since the reason for its name was derived from the word Pait, which means bitter. Nevertheless, this soup satisfied my craving for something hot and different.
Lastly, we got our drinks from Juicifi. The juice that we got from the Wifi! Just kidding! Like all food trips, it all ends with the drinks. We tried the Brazilian Lemonade (P75) to quench our thirst and call it a day.
There are more foods that we haven’t tried and we hope to take a taste of them soon. Comment below if you’ve tried the other food stalls and tell us what you think about them. Hoping we can get a tip from you guys!
Stay tuned for our next Food Park destination, Grub Hub! Cheers and Never forget to Lamon! XD
List of Food Sellers:
- LA CARNITA MODERN MEXICAN CANTINA
- PAPPARE RISTORANTI
- BAB & BOYS SMOKE SHACK
- PO.BO (POTATO BOMB)
- WING FATHER AND THE FRY MAFIA
- COOL JUANS
- BUBBLE WRAPS
- PIXEL STOP
- HAMARU YAKITORI AND SUSHI
*THIS IS PERMANENTLY CLOSED*
- Visayas Avenue, Quezon City, Metro Manila, Philippines
CHECK OUT THESE DISCOUNTED/PROMO RATES IN KLOOK:
- Art in Island: 3D Interactive Art Gallery Ticket
- Manila Ocean Park Ticket
- The Mind Museum BGC All-Day Pass
- Seda BGC Staycation with Breakfast and ₱1000 Food Credits
- The Big Binondo Food Wok
- The Food Hive Address: 80 Visayas Avenue, Brgy. Vasra, Quezon City (Near Quezon City Circle)
- Website: http://www.thefoodhive.ph/
- Opens from 11.00 AM to 12.00 Midnight, Monday to Sunday
- Contact Numbers: 09774574552 (Mobile); 944-6423 (Landline)
- Parking can be a challenge during peak hours since the parking area can accommodate only a few.
- P500 is good enough for 2-3 people.
- The Hive is designed as an open area with 2 floors but, fear not, they’ve installed a roof and hung long curtains to cover customers from the heat of the sun and pouring of the rain.
Perfectly written content material, Really enjoyed looking through.
[…] have any travel plans, we decided to try another food park around the Metro. Last time, we tried The Food Hive on Visayas Avenue. This time, also from Visayas Avenue, is the new and exciting food destination […]
[…] also our The Food Hive and Grub Hub foodie experience! […]