OPM IS NOT DEAD IN SOCIAL HOUSE
During the lockdowns, I listened to different podcasts that guests OPM artists/bands. The band members share their stories of how they get started and how they are now. Listening to those interviews reminded me of the times I’ve watched OPM bands perform live when I was in High School and College. I told myself that I will watch them again once the pandemic is done.
It’s been a long time since I’ve entered bars. I always see Social House from youtube videos whenever I watch their pre-pandemic gigs. That’s where I got the idea of visiting Social House someday and to my surprise, one of my favorite bands, Sandwich, will perform there this May. So I reserved a ticket and went to the live gig.
Social House is a bar and resto located at Circuit Makati in Makati City. The prices can be expensive but the food and the ambiance are great. It has 2 floors, a stage, and a bar. We bought tickets but did not take table reservations anymore since we are already full and we avoid drinking too much. We stood at the back of the area, luckily, we still have a good view of the stage. Watching OPM bands always feels fun. We got to bob our heads tirelessly and sing along with songs that reminded us of our teen years.
Social House does not just invite the known bands, but also incoming artists/bands and they also conduct different events where we will surely be entertained and remind us of life is good despite the challenges we faced in the last pandemic. Cheers!
- Circuit Lane, Circuit Makati, Barangay Carmona, Makati City, Metro Manila, Philippines
HOW TO GET THERE:
*By Public Transportation
- If you are taking the MRT, you can drop off at Guadalupe, Ayala, or Magallanes Station.
- From the MRT stations (Guadalupe or Ayala), take a cab going to Circuit Makati.
- If from Magallanes Station, take a jeepney going to PRC and drop off at Hippodromo Street, then take a few minutes walk going to Circuit Makati.
REQUIREMENTS (AS OF MAY 2022):
*Visitors are required to present the following:
- Valid ID
- Booking Confirmation (If you reserved a ticket)
- Vaccination Card
RATES AND FEES (AS OF MAY 2022):
- Door Charge: ₱500-₱600 (Depending on the Artists/number of bands to perform)
- Table Reservation with consumables: ₱3000-₱3500 (Depending on the number of persons per table)
CHECK OUT THESE DISCOUNTED/PROMO RATES IN KLOOK:
- Manila Ocean Park Attractions Pass
- The Mind Museum BGC All-Day Pass
- Intramuros Bambike Tour
- Art in Island: 3D Interactive Art Gallery Ticket
- Lakbay Museo Ticket in Manila
- Contact Number (For Reservations): 0966 694 6324, 0948 409 6441
- Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/socialhouseph
- Social House is located inside Circuit Makati Mall so there are a lot of parking spaces available.
- No Door Charge on regular nights.
- The place is airconditioned and cozy.
- Walk-ins are allowed.
- If you don’t want to avail the table w/consumables, you can just pay for the door charge and be a stand-in.
- Face masks are required when you are not eating or drinking.
- They can accommodate 200 guests.