The previous week had been very stressful and a trip to the beach was what I really needed. Weeks before, my friends planned a trip to Virgin Beach Resort. It was their go-to place, their place of serenity. They told us that the resort is a very good place to relax and find peace.
VIRGIN BEACH RESORT
Virgin Beach is located in Laiya, a part of Batangas known for its white-sand beaches. What concerns me about this trip is the price. It was way over my budget but in the end, I realized it was worth it.
We took a bus in Cubao going to San Juan and rode a jeepney going to Laiya. The beachfront is part of the Tayabas Bay which makes the sea calm.
It was the rainy season but luckily we arrived with the sun high up in the sky. Days before, we booked a Bed Parasol and a Cabana as our accommodations for us seven. After checking in, we went straight to our accommodations to check them out and appreciated the view of the sea.
Every guest was required to purchase a food package that was buffet-style. The package includes lunch, dinner, and breakfast for the next day.
There were few guests in the resort which really made us more comfortable having the place to ourselves. It was really peaceful and relaxing. We kayaked, played frisbee, and swam to our hearts’ content.
THE STORM AND A FIRE TREE
During the night, the beach was lit by capiz lanterns and bamboo torches which added to the ambiance of the resort. We drank and played the whole night (Sorry, I haven’t captured any photos that night. XD).
Late that night, 3 of us stayed on the bed parasol, the rain started to pour strongly with very strong winds. Luckily, we remained dry and safe even though the bed parasol was only covered by a tarpaulin and a white cloth.
The next day the sun rose high again. We went to the rightmost part of the beach where a lone Fire Tree stood. It added a different feel to the resort which amazed us and took a lot of photos with it.
Our trip to Virgin Beach Resort was expensive but it was worth it. It gave me the peace of mind that I really needed. It made me forget my problems for a while. The resort is a very good place to relax and to be with nature at the same time.
- KM 23, Laiya, San Juan, Batangas, Philippines
HOW TO GET THERE:
- BY PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION:
- Ride a bus (ALPS) at Cubao and drop off at the Bus Station in San Juan. (Travel Time = 3-4 Hours, Fare = P198)
- Go near the market and ride a jeepney going to Laiya. Tell the driver to drop you off at Virgin Beach Resort. (Travel Time = 45 Minutes, Fare = P40)
- You can also charter a tricycle from the terminal but expect it to be pricey.
- BY PRIVATE VEHICLE:
- From Manila, take South Luzon Expressway and exit to Ibaan
- Proceed to Rosario and continue along Rosario-San Juan-Candelaria Road until you reach San Juan.
- Upon reaching the San Juan Municipal Building, turn right to San Juan-Laiya Road which will take you to Laiya.
- Pass Laiya Coco Grove and look for a sign on the left side of the road.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS AS OF MARCH 2022:
- Booking Confirmation from Virgin Beach resort
- Vaccination Card
- Ecological Fee of 20.00/Person
- Negative Antigen Result for each guest from reputable medical clinics and laboratories or Negative RT-PCR for unvaccinated guests.
- Click HERE for discounted rates.
CHECK OUT THESE DISCOUNTED/PROMO RATES IN KLOOK:
- Aquaria Water Park Day Pass
- Crusoe Cabins Casobe Beach Staycation with Add-ons
- Palm Beach Resort Overnight Staycation with F&B Credits and Kayak
- Mobile Numbers: (+63) 998 546 3139 (SMART), (+63) 917 792 0712 (GLOBE), (+63) 925 713 4737 (SUN),
- Email (General Bookings & Inquiries): email@example.com
- Emaikl (Corporate Accounts and Special Events): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: https://virginbeachresort.com/
- Overnight guests are required to avail their meal package which includes lunch, dinner, and breakfast.
- Pets are not allowed in the resort.
- Beverages and certain food items are subject to corkage fees.
- Aside from the open-air Bed Parasols and Cabanas, they also have air-conditioned Casitas.
- If you are bringing watercrafts such as jet skis and speedboats, please coordinate with our Reception or Security. They will direct you to a designated beachside entry/exit area.
- The last trip for jeepneys going back to San Juan is 4:00 P.M. but this is also not reliable since trips going to Laiya are limited.
- Operating Hours: Everyday, 7:00A.M. – 7:00P.M.
- If you’re looking for other resorts in Batangas, also check this out: Villa Jovita Resort
It’s hard to find knowledgeable people on this topic, but you sound like you know what you’re talking about! Thanks
Kindly clarify us on the following:
1. Do you accept daytime swimming at the beach without room reservation? if so, what is the exact time for check-in/out?
2. Do you still require swab test to all your guest? what age?
3. How much is the entrance fee for adult/children?
4. Do you charge for the corkage fee? what food exempts from the corkage fee?
5. Do you already accept guest/s
6. Do you accept walk-in guest/s or you still require advance booking and payment?
7. What are the amenities available for walk-in guests?
please see video: virgin beach https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-E7Wx2xlmJQ