BAHAY NA BATO
Bahay Na Bato in Luna, La Union started as a rest house in 2000 by the owners who are both professional doctors (EENT and Dermatology). Owners Dr. Edison and Dr. Purita Chan-Noble were captivated by its location and solemness. The couple commissioned an expert Korean National, Mr. Bong Kim, who paints stones and does wood sculptures to develop the rest house and the site. The name Bahay Na Bato came from the materials used which are mostly stones and corals from the beach.
I was not familiar with Bahay Na Bato until my friend and his family brought us there. Just to let you know, this was in 2016, and looking now a lot was added to the collection and changed to the site. Throughout the 3-hectare compound, a lot of stone and wooden sculptures can be seen like animals, masks, and even explicit ones. Haha.
Bahay na Bato is a gallery of its own, filled with different collections of artworks. There is a balcony on the second floor that captivated us. It is a view of the sea, the sky, and the beach filled with pebbles. It was breathtaking and the wind blew strongly on us which added to the very relaxing ambiance of Bahay Na Bato. We now understand why the Nobles chose this location as their vacation house and they are blessed to have this property.
If you want to relax and experience calmness, you can book one of their 4 bungalows (Link Below), as they now accommodate overnight guests aside from the day trippers. Aside from the bustling events in San Juan, La Union, you may want to experience peace and be with nature by visiting Bahay Na Bato and Tangadan Falls.
IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR MORE DESTINATIONS IN LA UNION, YOU CAN ALSO CHECK MY LA UNION PAGE.
TRAVEL GUIDE & TIPS
HOW TO GET THERE:
a. Option 1:
- You can charter a tricycle from San Juan to visit Bahay Na Bato, Bato de Luna, Namacpacan Church, Baluarte Watch Tower, Almeida Manmade Forest, Balaoan Watch Tower, and Immuki Island. (Travel Time: Whole Day; Travel Fare: ₱1500.00)
b. Option 2:
- Take a jeepney from San Juan that is bound for Luna then alight at Darigayos Plaza. (Travel Time: 30 Minutes; Travel Fare: ₱40.00)
- Hire a tricycle going to Bahay Na Bato. (Travel Time: 10 Minutes; Travel Fare: ₱60.00)
c. Option 3:
- From Metro Manila, ride a bus at Cubao that is bound to Vigan, Laoag, or Abra. Drop off at Balaoan, Luna in La Union. (Travel Time: 4 Hours and 30 Minutes; Travel Fare: around ₱400.00)
- From Balaoan, hire a tricycle to go to Bahay Na Bato. (Travel Time: 20 Minutes; Travel Fare: ₱100.00)
RATES AND FEES:
- Entrance Fee: ₱50.00/Person
- Entrance Fee (2 years old and below): Free
- Parking Fee: Free
- AIRBNB: Bungalow 1, Bungalow 2, Bungalow 3, Bungalow 4
- JCALM BEACH COTTAGE DARIGAYOS COVE LUNA
- JCALM BEACH COTTAGE #2 DARIGAYOS COVE LUNA
- AUREO RESORT LA UNION
- THE CIRCLE HOSTEL – LA UNION
- THE ESCAPE SAN JUAN
- P AND M FINAL OPTION HOTEL
- THE LITTLE SURFMAID RESORT
- THUNDERBIRD RESORTS – PORO POINT
- EL NAVI SURFTOWN
CHECK THESE DISCOUNTED/PROMO RATES FOR ACTIVITIES IN THE PHILIPPINES:
- Boracay Parasailing
- Coron Super Ultimate Day Tour
- Boracay Sunset Cruise
- Puerto Princesa Underground River Day Tour Palawan
- Oslob Whale Shark and Cebu Canyoneering Adventure
- Facebook Page: Bahay Na Bato La Union
- Instagram: Bahaynabatolunalaunion
- Contact Number (Landline): (072) 700 5780
- Operating Hours: 7:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M. Daily
- Visitors are not allowed to bring food but there is a canteen inside if you get hungry at Bahay Na Bato.
- Swimming at the sea is prohibited because of the big waves.
- A parking lot is available.
- No taking home of pebbles
- Observe Cleanliness. No Littering.
- They have a souvenir shop.
- They offer accommodations via AIRBNB, you can check the links above.
- They have a swimming pool for checked-in guests.
- Bahay Na Bato is owned and managed separately from Bato De Luna.