After visiting St. Joseph’s Cathedral, we had the urge to try one of the cafés surrounding the cathedral. One café that caught our attention is just across the street. It has a modern and Western look. At first, I was hesitant to try it because I really wanted to try what the locals like – a café within an old house or on a street serving original Vietnamese coffee. But the aesthetics of Godmother kept calling us and so we went there.
Godmother is a Western-style restaurant having Western interiors and a mix of Western and Eastern meals. They offer Western breakfast meals, sandwiches, salads, pasta, fried rice, desserts, coffee-based and non-coffee-based drinks, and alcoholic drinks. The interior is very fancy with a hint of an Art Deco design showered with pastel colors. It is very Instagrammable.
The coffee and desserts in Godmother surprised me. I didn’t expect it to be good but I can say it is really good. We tried their Latté, Roasted Almond Coffee, and Earl Grey chiffon. The coffee drinks had the right taste that I’m looking for and the chiffon was not too sweet and is soft. It was really nice. A bit expensive but worth the price.
If given the chance to visit Godmother again, we’ll eat them again and even try their meals. If you are looking for an Instagrammable restaurant in Hanoi that has good food and drinks, Godmother is the place to visit.
WANT TO KNOW MORE DESTINATIONS IN HANOI? CHECK OUT ST. JOSEPH’S CATHEDRAL GUIDE!
FOOD GUIDE & TIPS
- 12-14 P. Ấu Triệu Street, Hàng Trống, Hoàn Kiếm, Hanoi, Vietnam
- 2-4-6 Dong Khoi, Ben Nghe Ward, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- 31 Le Duan, Ben Nghe, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
HOW TO GET THERE:
a. BY WALKING:
- If you are staying in accommodations around Hoan Kiem Lake, you can walk to Hang Trong Street and then go ahead to Nha Tho Street until you reach Nha Chung Street. You will find Saint Joseph’s Cathedral. Godmother is just across the street on the right side of the church.
- OR if you are taking a travel tour to St. Joseph’s Cathedral, you can just take a minute and cross P. Ấu Triệu street.
b. CAR RENTAL:
c. TRAVEL TOURS (include round-trip transfers, lunch, and tour guides):
*Menu grabbed from their Facebook Page
- ACCOMMODATIONS IN HANOI
- Madelise Palace Hotel & Spa
- Hanoi Graceful Hotel
- Ha Noi Memory Central Hotel & Spa
- Amira Hotel Hanoi
- Le Chanvre Hotel & Spa
CHECK OUT THESE DISCOUNTED/PROMO RATES FROM KLOOK:
- Hanoi Half-Day Tour with Vietnam Army Legendary Jeep
- Bai Dinh – Trang An – Mua Cave Tour from Ha Noi
- 3D2N Exploring Sapa Local Village Tour from Hanoi
- [Route 1+2] 3D2N Halong Bay Deluxe Cruise from Ha Noi by Phoenix Cruise
- Hoa Lu, Tam Coc/Trang An, and Mua Cave Day Tour from Hanoi
- OPEN HOURS: 8:00 A.M. – 9:00 P.M. (From Mondays to Sundays)
- Inform them if you have any food allergies.
- Reservations are allowed.