HATCH AND HOOLMAN
Hatch and what? The first time I heard its name, I kept on thinking about what was really the right word after Hatch. Holeman? Hallman? or Holmhan? I was really curious what was the reason behind the strange name. After researching, I learned that the “Hatch” comes from the word Hatchery, a place for hatching new ideas, and “Hoolman” comes from the Tagalog word, Hulmahan or Hulma, which means “to mold” or form with the hands since this is a design studio, it finally makes sense.
ART, FOOD & COFFEE
Located in the middle of a secured village, Hatch + Hoolman offers an artsy and cozy vibe that you’ll truly enjoy. As a design studio, the place was designed for natural light to enter with ease so hence the glass house. They also have a wide alfresco area with wooden tables and chairs. A good spot to chill because of the windy and relaxing feel. They sell ceramic art pieces, clothing and accessories (by Someasian), and curated furniture, tableware, and home decor. Apart from being a studio, it is also a restaurant and a coffeehouse. They offer a variety of food from pasta, snacks, and sandwiches to rice meals which I liked and did not regret that we tried it. Also, their coffee is really good, we ordered their bestsellers which are the Dulce de Leche and the Spanish Latte. The food is a bit pricey but the taste and the ambiance will not let you down.
We were able to have a small chat with the owner’s mother and they told us that they are still preparing for more surprises. They are still looking for more staff and a part of the complex is still being constructed to cater to events and artworks from guest artists. So get ready and visit Hatch + Hoolman soon.
- S. Ola Street corner R. Papa Street (Villamor Street), AFPOVAI Phase 4, Taguig City, Metro Manila, Philippines
CHECK OUT THESE DISCOUNTED/PROMO RATES IN KLOOK:
- Manila Ocean Park Attractions Pass
- The Mind Museum BGC All-Day Pass
- Intramuros Bambike Tour
- Art in Island: 3D Interactive Art Gallery Ticket
- Lakbay Museo Ticket in Manila
- Facebook Page: Hatch + Hoolman Studio
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/hatchandhoolman/
- Operating Hours:
- Tuesdays to Saturdays: 11:00 A.M. – 10:00 P.M.
- Sundays 9:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M.
- Mondays: Closed
- The restaurant has both indoor and alfresco dining.
- Located inside a secured village so be prepared to leave an identification card at the entrance.
- They are preparing an events place just beside the restaurant that will cater to works of artists and events.
- Payment via Gcash is available.
- A pet-friendly place.
- They also sometimes conduct yard sales.
- A Parking area is available.
- Walk-ins are allowed.