KAPUTIAN BEACH PARK
A visit to Davao is not complete without a visit to the beach. One of the famous beaches in Samal Island is Kaputian Beach Park. This is a public resort operated by the local government of Samal. The resort boasts its very fine sand and clear blue waters.
After my visit to Monfort Bat Sanctuary and Hagimit Falls, I told my habal-habal driver to drop me off at Kaputian Beach Park which is located at Samal’s Poblacion. On my itinerary, I planned to stay there for the night and then go to Talicud Island the next day. This is my first time going to the resort. I arrived at the resort around noon and I was very tired so I rented a small hut for me to rest and spend the night there. The hut is small and old but it is cheap and comfortable. Now, there is a hostel within the resort where you can stay if you are looking for a different option.
WAKING TO PARADISE
I took a nap and then in the afternoon I was surprised by the beautiful sunset in front of me. I was mesmerized by the view of the glimmering sea. That whole afternoon, I explored the beach and spent it enjoying the view, the sand, and the sea. The sea is very clear and the sand is fine. I thought I was in paradise.
For my dinner, I bought a barbecue and a puso from the vendors outside the resort. There are also restaurants surrounding the resort so you’ll have a lot of options. The next day, I walked along the beach going to the port nearby as I needed to go to Talicud Island. I am still amazed by the beauty of the beach. I was very hesitant to leave Kaputian Beach Park but I was also looking forward to Isla Reta Beach Resort.
If you want to spend the summer with your family and friends, visit Samal Island’s Kaputian Beach Park.
IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR MORE DESTINATIONS IN DAVAO CITY, YOU CAN ALSO CHECK MY DAVAO, SAMAL & TALICUD TRAVEL GUIDE.
TRAVEL GUIDE & TIPS
HOW TO GET THERE:
a. BY PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION:
- From Francisco Bangoy International Airport, take a taxi going to Sasa Wharf. (Travel Time: 15 Minutes)
- Ride a ferry/RORO going to Babak Port. (Travel Time: 30 Minutes; Travel Fare: ₱10.00)
- Charter a habal-habal or a tricycle going to Kaputian Beach Park Resort. (Travel Time: 40 Minutes)
b. BY TRAVEL TOURS:
THINGS TO DO:
- Swimming – guests will surely enjoy the clear waters and white sand of Kaputian Beach.
- Overnight Stay – a newly opened hostel called White Sand Hostel accommodates guests who want to stay overnight. See rates below.
- Entrance Fee (Day Tour – Adults): ₱20.00 (Samal Resident) / ₱50.00 (Non-Samal Resident)
- Entrance Fee (Day Tour – Kids ~ 5-9 Years Old): ₱10.00 (Samal Resident) / ₱20.00 (Non-Samal Resident)
- Entrance Fee (Overnight – Adults): ₱100.00 (Samal Resident) / ₱200.00 (Non-Samal Resident)
- Entrance Fee (Overnight – Kids ~ 5-9 Years Old): ₱50.00 (Samal Resident) / ₱100.00 (Non-Samal Resident)
- Environmental Users Fee: ₱50.00 (For Non-Samal Residents)
- Pitching Fee: ₱100.00
- Tent: ₱200.00-₱300.00
- Folding Bed: ₱100.00-₱150.00
- Picnic Shed: ₱100.00
- Bahay Kubo: ₱350.00
- Table: ₱100.00
- Chair: ₱10.00
- Kayak: ₱150.00/hour
White Sand Hostel in Kaputian Beach Park
- Standard Room (good for 2 persons): ₱2,000.00
- Family Room (good for 4 persons): ₱3,000.00
- Barkada Room (good for 6 persons): ₱4,000.00
- Dormitory Type (good for 12 persons): ₱7,000.00
- Every additional person: ₱500.00
- Function Hall (good for 80 persons): ₱8,000.00
OTHER ACCOMMODATIONS IN DAVAO:
- ANONANG CLOUD NINE – SAMAL ISLAND
- SAMAL ISLAND KEMBALI CONDO RESORT
- VILLA PRIVE SAMAL ISLAND
- SEDA ABREEZA
- PARK INN BY RADISSON DAVAO
- WATERFRONT INSULAR HOTEL DAVAO
- DUSITD2 DAVAO HOTEL
- ACACIA HOTEL DAVAO
- SANS HOTEL AT THE LUXEBRIDGE SUITES DAVAO
- RED PLANET DAVAO
CHECK OUT THESE DISCOUNTED/PROMO RATES FROM KLOOK:
- Samal Island Day Tour
- Malagos Garden Resort Day Tour Pass
- Nature Tour in Davao
- Highlands Tour in Davao
- Davao City Tour
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/kaputianbeachpark
- Contact Number (Mobile): 0968 7210 618 (SMART), 0927 0285 755 (GLOBE)
- Operating Hours: Opens Daily including Holidays from 7:00 A.M. to 10:00 P.M., 7:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. (Day Tour); 2:00 P.M. to 12:00 NN (Overnight)
- Facilities: Public restrooms, canteen, cottages, security services, camping ground
- The resort is located in Samal’s Poblacion, a town center, so if you need something, you can find it there.
- An environmental users fee is now being implemented for non-Samal residents.
- A port going to Talicud Island is located near the beach.
- Be careful of strong water currents.
- Large audio equipment is not allowed.
- Bonfire is strictly prohibited.
- Do not leave your trash anywhere.