Do you want to experience the outdoors but don’t want to do a lot of preparation? Or experience seeing a sea of clouds without being at the summit? There is a place in the mountains where you can relax and enjoy. A base camp for visitors who will do hiking, swimming, birdwatching, and photography. A place where family and friends can gather and be with nature. A place that you can call home. And that place is Kuta Bungliw.
Lately, I’ve been refraining from hiking due to my foot injury. It got worse and it’s taking so long to heal. It’s hindering me from doing things that I want. Until, my friend, Matt, invited us to stay at Kuta Bungliw and climb Mt Daraitan & Atburan Rockies. I was hesitant but eventually, the mountain’s call persisted.
At first, I was very confused about the name. Kuta Bungi, Bangiw, Bunglao, or Bungal? And then finally, I comprehended that it is Bungliw, named after the Bungliw trees surrounding the area. The property is owned by Jacq Laruan and with the help of indigenous people from surrounding communities, they make Kuta Bungliw.
KUTA BUNGLIW ECO LODGE AND CAMPSITE
Kuta Bungliw is situated in General Nakar, Quezon that can be accessed via Barangay Daraitan in Rizal. Developed to cater to hikers and outdoor enthusiasts as a place of refuge. It is not a 5-star accommodation but the right one for nature lovers and those who want to experience the simplest and most wonderful things in life—God’s Creation.
They offer a lot of outdoor experiences: campsites for 2-8 Tents, sleeping huts, a bonfire pit, a flowing pool, and view decks with hammocks. For the necessities, they have 3 bathrooms with toilets, a kitchen with dining and cooking utensils, and solar-powered lights and outlets. They also offer off-site activities like hiking, caving, swimming, and a balsa river cruise.
We reserved a sleeping hut that can accommodate a large group of people. The hut is huge for the 3 of us. Good thing, we’ve shared it with the other guests. Bed mats and a hammock are available for everyone to use so lying on the floor was not a problem.
HOME AT THE MOUNTAINS
As soon as we arrived at Kuta Bungliw, we checked first their view deck, located on the slope of the mountain. It has a view overlooking the rest of Rizal and Quezon. One of the highlights there is the hammock available for everyone to lie on and enjoy the view and breeze. During the early morning, a sea of clouds can be seen here covering the land beneath. If only we can have a view like that in the Metro, maybe living in the city won’t be that bad.
It rained for a while and we decided to stay at the Kubo. There, we relaxed as we observed the falling rain and listened to the sound it made while it hit the roof. We also took a dip in their flowing swimming pool which waters come from a nearby water source. It was very relaxing as we swam underneath the trees.
These were some of our experiences in Kuta Bungliw. They were simple but meant a lot. The joy of sharing thoughts with your friends, having a wonderful view, and experiencing how to live in the mountains. Maybe these things can change our perspectives of what life should mean to be and change our values to live for the better.
There’s a lot to capture in Kuta Bungliw, but instead, I got mesmerized by the place and just enjoyed our stay. Good thing we stayed at Kuta Bungliw, I somehow rested my foot before our climb the next day.
Part of our package is our hike to Mt. Daraitan and Atburan Rockies. I’ll be sharing them in my next post. I hope you check it out also! Cheers!
HOW TO GET THERE:
- From Star Mall EDSA-Shaw, ride a van going to Tanay Public Market. (Fare = ₱75, Travel time = 2 Hours)
- Ride jeepney at Tanay Terminal bound to Sampaloc. Drop at Sampaloc. ( Fare = ₱28, Travel time = 1 Hour)
- Charter a tricycle going to Daraitan (Ilog). (Fare = ₱300 for 3-4 Persons, Travel time = 1 Hour)
- Cross river via barge or bridge. (Barge fee = ₱5, Travel time = 5 Minutes)
- Ride trike going to Kuta Bungliw jump-off. (Fare= ₱40/person, Travel time = less than 30 Minutes)
- Trek going to Kuta Bungliw. (Travel time 5-10 Minutes)
- Dry bag
- Hiking shoes/slippers
- Insect repellant
- Extra food and water
- Extra Clothes
CHECK OUT THESE DISCOUNTED/PROMO RATES IN KLOOK:
- Contact Number: Jacq Laruan (Owner) – 0915-595-9988
- For rates, check their Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/kutabungliw/
- Walk-ins are not allowed. Book your trip first before going.
- Kuta Bungliw implements the “Leave No Trace” principle. Be responsible for your trash and environment. Guests are required to bring 2 trash bags.
- Activities they offer: Hiking (Mt. Daraitan, Mt. Mamara, Mt. Lug-ang, Mt. Matulis, and Atburan Rockies), swimming (Tinipak River), caving, and camping.
- They have packages that will include these activities depending on your desired outdoor experience.
- Amenities: Sleeping Huts, campsites, a bonfire pit, swimming pool, view deck, kitchen, solar-powered lights and outlets, and 3 Toilets and Bathroom.
- If you’re going with a private vehicle, parking is available at Daraitan (Agos) River bank.
- Upcoming add-ons: Hanging bridge, mini library, treehouse, and outdoor oven
[…] pics from this trip. For more information about Kuta Bungliw, just check out my friends review here. He’s already got everything covered including expenses and itinerary. And of course, check […]
Wow! Thank you! I constantly wanted to write on my blog something like that. Can I include a fragment of your post to my blog?
essay for me http://sertyumnt.com/
Attractive portion of content. I just stumbled upon your site and in accession capital to claim that I acquire actually loved account your blog posts. Any way I will be subscribing to your augment or even I fulfillment you access consistently quickly.
Howdy! I simply want to give a huge thumbs up for the great information you’ve gotten right here on this post. I will probably be coming again to your blog for more soon.
[…] hike to Mt. Daraitan and Atburan Rockies was arranged by Kuta Bungliw. The guide picked us up at around 3:00 AM. It rained the day before so the trail was muddy and […]