SIRUMA, CAMARINES SUR
During our visit to our relatives in Naga, we were told of a new destination in the Bicol Region known as Siruma. If we hear of Bicol, what we always think of is Naga, Albay, Caramoan, and Sorsogon. So hearing Siruma somewhat tickled my curiosity. I quickly checked Facebook for some details and photos about it and I was amazed at what I saw, it has white sand beaches and a view of rolling hills overlooking the Pacific Ocean. In my mind, I already considered it as one of our destinations for our remaining days in Bicol. We first visited our relatives in Goa, Camarines Sur and we were invited to join them on their visit to Siruma.
Siruma is a town located in the northern part of Camarines Sur and a 2-hour drive from Goa. Our cousins chose a resort called Angelica Paradise Beach and Resort. I did not search for it on the internet so I don’t know what to expect. I’ll let myself be surprised once we got there.
ANGELICA PARADISE BEACH & RESORT
Angelica Paradise Beach & Resort is a secluded beach that offers an exotic retreat away from typically congested vacation areas. The way going to the resort is still a rough road so expect a muddy and shaky ride. The resort offers Hotel and Beach amenities. AC rooms can be found in the hotel and they have a swimming pool if you don’t want to dip on the beach. For the beach part, they have cottages for rent and a wide white sand beach to offer. There are also sari-sari stores if you want to buy snacks and toiletries. Camping is also allowed so you can pitch a tent.
The beach is very wide and we arrived there at low tide, we walked a vast area of white sand before reaching its clear waters. The sand is fine and the beach is clear without corals. We spent the whole morning and afternoon swimming even if the sun was at its peak. There are fishermen who sell their live catch and you can ask them to cook it for you. We had one and nothing beats a fresh fish for a hungry stomach.
We didn’t stay overnight but experiencing the heat, the waves, and the wind quench our thirst for vitamin sea.
- Barangay Pinitan, Siruma, Camarines Sur, Philippines
HOW TO GET THERE:
- By Private Transportation
- Via Gov. Jose T. Fuentebella National Highway – From Naga City, take the road going to Tinambac. Before reaching the Tinambac Municipal Hall, turn left to Siruma-Tinambac Road. Upon reaching Nalahayan Junction, turn right. Drive until you reach Nuestra Sra. de la Paz y Buenviaje Parish. Have a sharp left on the path after the parish. (Travel Time = 2 Hours and 10 Minutes)
- By Public Transportation
- From Naga City (Naga-Tinambac Terminal), take a jeepney going to Siruma which leaves around 8:00 A.M.-9:00 A.M. (Fare = ₱150.00/Head, Travel Time = 3-4 Hours)
- Alternatively, if you want to leave earlier, you can take the jeepney to Tinambac from the same terminal (Tell the driver you’ll be going to Siruma so that he will drop you off at the right location. (Fare = ₱58.00)
- From Tinambac, take a habal-habal/motorcycle going to the Siruma Town Proper (Fare = ₱250.00/Head or less)
- From Siruma, you may take a boat ride from Amuris Resort going to Angelica Paradise Beach and Resort. (Fare = ₱50.00/Head, Travel Time = 15 Minutes)
RATES AND FEES:
- Entrance Fee: ₱150.00
- Cabana Rental: ₱350.00/Day
- Room Rentals (Cottage with Aircon): ₱1,500.00/Night
- Room Rentals (Hotel with Warm/Cold Shower, Aircon, Rooftop View, Queen Size Bed): ₱3,000.00/Night
- Kayak Rentals: ₱150.00/Hour
- Horseback Riding: ₱150/Hour
CHECK THESE DISCOUNTED/PROMO RATES FOR ACTIVITIES IN THE BICOL REGION:
- ATV Skydrive in Mt. Mayon, Albay
- Cagsawa Ruins Tour in Albay
- Whale Shark and Firefly Watching in Donsol, Sorsogon
- Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/angelicaresort/
- Website: http://www.angelicaresort.com/
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mobile Number: +63 919 471 5159 (SMART), +63 927 935 2990 (GLOBE/TM)
- No Corkage Fee.
- There are sari-sari stores at the beach where you can buy snacks and toiletries.
- Aside from the beach, there is a swimming pool located at the hotel.
- The road going to Angelica Paradise Beach and Resort from the main road is still rough so expect a muddy and bumpy ride.
- Book early if you are planning to stay overnight.