BACK TO PANICUASON HOTSPRING RESORT
When I was a kid, we were brought by my relatives to a hot spring called Panicuason Hotspring Resort. This place always reminded me of my mom, she is always happy going back to her hometown and bonding with her family and relatives. She is a nature lover and I believed that she liked this place so much. This time I had an opportunity to visit it again with my cousins and uncles.
Panicuason Hotspring Resort is located in a barangay on the foot of Mt. Isarog, an active stratovolcano. The resort is remote and the visitors will have to drive an ascending and descending road. It is surrounded by trees and greeneries. I forgot how it looked like before but we were told that there are some things that were added like the ziplines and zipbikes.
The resort has both hot and cold pools and a river. The hot spring is obviously caused by Mt. Isarog in which the temperature can reach up to 39 degrees. On the other hand, the cold spring is caused by the Inarihan River. Both have a lot of health benefits and I’ll share with you the ones from the hot spring and the ones from the cold spring.
Here are the health benefits of the Sulfuric Hot Spring:
- Relief of arthritis, shoulder, neck, wrist, muscles, and joints pain, and even fatigue.
- Treatment of skin diseases including psoriasis, dermatitis, and fungal infection.
- Treatment of respiratory problems such as allergic asthma, bronchitis, colds, tuberculosis, etc.
- Helps with gynecological problems such as premenstrual syndrome and menopausal discomforts.
- Aids in certain digestive disorders especially acid reflux, indigestion made by milk, chronic diarrhea, and vomiting in the morning.
- Increasing body temperature thus killing harmful germs and viruses, eliminating toxins from the body, increasing blood flow and circulation, increasing metabolism and absorption of essential minerals, lower cholesterol level and blood pressure.
- For beauty and wellness: helps the skin to be elastic young, and look wrinkle-free. Gives relaxing soothing effects on the muscles and helps the mind to rejuvenate.
And these are for the Cold Spring:
- It boosts our immune system.
- It gives us a natural high. Cold swimming activates endorphins, hormones that make us feel good during activities.
- Same as with the hot spring, it improves our circulation. It forces the blood to the surface and helps to warm our extremities.
- Well, it increases your libido. Do I need to say more? Haha
- It burns calories. It helps the heart to pump faster thus it consumes a lot of calories
- It reduces stress.
With these health benefits, there is no doubt that you’ll try the hot and cold springs. I was very excited to get soaked in the hot spring, thinking of getting relaxed and having peace of mind while I was looking at nature and listening to the flowing of the river. For an hour, I stayed there with my cousins and uncle. I felt relieved but after a while, it reminded me of the summer heat. I imagined myself back in Manila dripping with sweat so I decided to transfer to the cold spring. It reminded me of the water from the waterfalls we visited during our mountain climbing days. It was cold but it was very refreshing and it gave me the energy to finish the remaining kilometers during our climb. I stayed at the cold pool until we decided to leave.
We only stayed at Panicuason for a few hours but it gave me the vitality to go on with our travels. By the way, they also have accommodations if you want to stay overnight and a mini-restaurant for your hunger. If you want to get relaxed with your family, Panicuason Hot Spring is the place you need to visit in Naga City.
IF YOU WANT TO MAKE THE MOST OF YOUR TRAVEL TO CAMARINES SUR, YOU SHOULD ALSO VISIT HIBISCUS CAMP WHICH IS ALSO LOCATED ON MT. ISAROG
HOW TO GET THERE:
By Public Transportation:
- Take a jeepney ride from the Jeepney Terminal in Naga City People’s Mall near Padian Street going to Panicuason Hot Spring Resort. (Travel Time: 30 Minutes, Fare: ₱30)
RATES AND FEES:
- Adult (Day Rate): ₱300
- Adult (Night Rate): ₱350
- Child (10 years old or below): ₱150
- Rooms (Non-Airconditioned; minimum of 2, maximum of 4 persons): ranging from ₱1,300 to ₱1,600
- Rooms (Airconditioned): ₱3,500
- Cottages (depending on size): ₱200-₱700
- Zip Bike (100 meters; back and forth): ₱250/head
- Corkage/Food charge for bringing outside food: ₱250
*Photo grabbed from their Facebook Page
CHECK THESE DISCOUNTED/PROMO RATES FOR ACTIVITIES IN THE BICOL REGION:
- ATV Skydrive in Mt. Mayon, Albay
- Cagsawa Ruins Tour in Albay
- Whale Shark and Firefly Watching in Donsol, Sorsogon
- Albay Bicol Caves and Hills Exploration
- Ultimate Albay Full Day Tour with Mayon Skyline
- Facebook Page: Panicuason Hotspring Resort and Adventure Park
- Mobile Number: 0948 980 0652
- They are open from Mondays to Sundays. Check-in starts at 3:00 P.M. and check-out time is at 12:00 Noon.
- Pets are not allowed inside the resort.
- Cooking inside the hotel rooms and cottages is prohibited. Cook only at the designated grilling areas.
- Proper swimwear is observed.
- Do not wash your utensils at the river and pool.
- Don’t throw your garbage everywhere. Observe cleanliness.
- Apply insect repellants to avoid sandflies bites.
- Walk-ins are allowed.
- A mini-restaurant is available.