BACK IN BICOL
This is the first time we went back to our province to visit our relatives since the pandemic. We don’t have a detailed itinerary of where to go but our goal is to spend time with our loved ones. Before visiting our relatives, my father thought of exploring the areas surrounding Mt. Isarog and we arrived at the road going up to the volcano. My uncle told us of a new place Bicolanos come to visit. This resort is located on the slope of Mt. Isarog known as Hibiscus Camp.
Mt. Isarog is an active volcano and is 2011 meters high. Imagine the height where Hibiscus Camp is located. Going up, we saw the breathtaking view of the valley and the mountains surrounding the volcano.
As we entered Hibiscus Camp, we saw a mini restaurant for those who want to try Kinalas. It also houses an A-frame mini house and a garden full of plants so if you are a Plantito or Plantita you’ll surely enjoy this place. On top of the house is a view deck that you’ll want to hang out for the whole day because of the unobstructed and breathtaking view of Bicol.
Another highlight of the camp is the three-tier infinity pool. Unfortunately, since this is a spontaneous visit, we didn’t bring any swimwear. It would be fun having a dip while looking at the amazing view in front of us. I haven’t shot a lot of photos because I was occupied with taking videos that I will edit and upload to Tiktok (Hope you check out that too. Haha!) but I assure you that Hibiscus Camp is a place to visit and see.
- Barangay Consocep, Tigaon, Camarines Sur, Philippines
HOW TO GET THERE:
- By Private Transportation
- Via Gov. Jose T. Fuentebella National Highway – From Naga City, take the Pan-Philippine Highway then turn left to Pili Diversion Road. Again, turn left to Gov. Jose T. Fuentebella National Highway. Lastly, turn Left at Hanawan Barangay Hall to Hanawan-Consocep Road. Climb the Hanawan-Consocep Road until you reach Hibiscus Camp. (Travel Time = 1 Hour and 10 Minutes)
- By Public Transportation
- From the Naga Airport, take a tricycle going to the Pan-Philippine Highway. (Fare = P20.00)
- From the Pan-Philippine Highway, ride a bus/jeepney/van bound to San Jose, Goa, Tigaon or Sagnay. Tell the driver or conductor to drop you off at the intersection or the main Ocampo junction in Barangay Sta. Cruz (a few kilometers after the municipal town proper).
- If you are coming from Naga City, go to Bicol Central Station, ride on a bus/jeepney/van taking the Ocampo-Naga Routes. (Fare = P30.00-P50.00)
- From there, hire a motor/habal-habal to take you up to Hibiscus Camp. (Fare = P150.00 or less)
- By Private Transportation
RATES AND FEES:
- Entrance Fee: ₱100.00/Person (Inclusive of whole day swimming)
- Cottage Rentals: ₱300.00 – ₱1,500.00
- Prenup Photo Shoot Fee: ₱3,000.00 (Inclusive of Entrance for 8 Persons)
CHECK THESE DISCOUNTED/PROMO RATES FOR ACTIVITIES IN THE BICOL REGION:
- ATV Skydrive in Mt. Mayon, Albay
- Cagsawa Ruins Tour in Albay
- Whale Shark and Firefly Watching in Donsol, Sorsogon
- Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/HibiscusConsocep
- Email: email@example.com
- Mobile Number: +63 998 552 5053
- Resort Operations is from 7:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M.
- No overnight stays, they don’t have any accommodations to offer.
- First come first served, No Reservations.
- Everyone may bring extra picnic umbrellas, and food with NO CHARGE but they don’t allow cooking.
- The three-layer infinity pool: The first layer is 4ft; the second layer is 3ft, and the third layer is 4.7ft.
- Prenup Photo Shoot is allowed with a fee.
- There are nearby stores but they only offer snacks and refreshments.
- Food is available: 12″ Pizza, Smoked Burger, Jelly Dew, and Rice Meal
- They practice clean as you go (CLAYGO), please don’t leave behind trash in your picnic spots:
- Leave No Trace. No picking of plants/flowers.
- No smoking.
- After Hibiscus Camp, you may visit the Ocampo Deer Farm just 18 minutes away from the camp.