If you are from Quezon City, you’ve probably been to Cubao Expo before or your parents have told you about the story of the formerly known Marikina Shoe Expo. Before, this place was a hub for Marikina-made shoes. Today, this old but unique compound has grown into a hang-out place where restaurants, cafes, vintage and hobby stores, bars, and services thrive to become a must-visit place in Kyusi. A perfect haven for art lovers, creatives, collectors, foodies, and of course Hipsters.
I remember my first time going to Cubao Expo. They say this is a place for those who have an interest in art, history, and music and it made me very excited because of the unique experience I was about to discover. I accompanied my father to look for vinyls and CDs. Being a collector, this is one of the places he always wanted to visit. As we explored the compound, we also entered vintage shops. I saw Coca-Cola collectibles, like the small Coke bottles of different designs, which reminded me of my childhood.
THE PRESENT AND COLORFUL CUBAO EXPO
Today, those stores are still there, some closed but of course, new ones sprouted. One of them is a shoe store called Spingle Move which sells handcrafted shoes made in Japan. Another store is Primo Motorsiklo which sells custom-made motorcycles. There are also a lot of clothing stores in Cubao Expo like THE Clothing, Urduja Fashion, and Mad Kahuna. You can also find hobby stores like Dudepare Toys which sells toy collectibles and Mancave Industries which sells airsoft-related items.
What is also nice about Cubao Expo is the food experience. Unique cafes, bars, and restaurants that offer you unique tastes and ambiance. Cafes such as Katha and The Brewman will make you come again for their coffee and tea drinks and their aesthetically-designed stores. One of the locals’ favorites, Habanero Kitchen Bar is a must-try restaurant, a Filipino restaurant that infuses its dishes with habanero chili peppers. I really like their Habanero three-cheese pizza and the Creamy Mushroom Truffle Pasta.
Aside from the stores and restos, events are also held in the compound from live bands, DJ sets to exhibits. A music and arts venue for the melomaniacs and artists. And of course, the night is not complete without the booze. Grab a craft beer at Cuba X Brewery or have an “inuman” with your barkada at Chef’s Garage.
If you want to experience arts, food, music, and culture here in Metro Manila, you should visit Cubao Expo!
IF YOU WANT TO TRY A UNIQUE CAFE AND POTTERY STUDIO, YOU SHOULD VISIT AND TRY CRESCENT MOON CAFE AND STUDIO POTTERY.
METRO GUIDE & TIPS
CHECK OUT THESE DISCOUNTED/PROMO RATES IN KLOOK:
- Manila Ocean Park Attractions Pass
- The Mind Museum BGC All-Day Pass
- Intramuros Bambike Tour
- Art in Island: 3D Interactive Art Gallery Ticket
- Lakbay Museo Ticket in Manila
CONNECT WITH THE STORES IN CUBAO EXPO:
- Katha Lifestyle Store+Café – coffee and tea shop
- Sunny & Scramble Chicken & Egg Station – chicken and egg store
- Cliake Self Photo Studio – self-photography studio
- Black Magic Tattoo – tattoo studio
- Primo Motorsiklo – custom motorcycle store
- Smile Studio Dental – dental office
- Mad Kahuna – surf shop
- John’s Antique Shop – antique store
- Spingle Move – Handmade shoe store from Japan
- Wooden Canvas – provides high-quality photo printing on wood
- INT.Bar/EXT.Cafe – bar and café
- Barber’s Tale MNL – barbershop
- Miyagi Sushi – Japanese restaurant
- Kick Engines – skate shop
- Dudepare Toys – Hobby and toy store
- My Breathing Space – unique collectibles & gift store
- Roo’s Café – Australian restaurant
- Timeless – toys & collectibles
- Cubao X Brewery – craft beer
- Bumi & Ashe – pottery studio
- Fool’s Gold – clothing store
- Urduja Fashion – clothing store
- The Doctor Chandler – candles and self-care essentials store
- Habanero Kitchen Bar – Filipino food restaurant
- The Grey Market Vintage – vintage books, furniture, watches, accessories
- Fred’s Revolucion – pub
- Uvla Store – vintage store
- Bellini’s La Pasta Italiana – Italian restaurant
- Bad Habits – milk tea and bomboloni
- Chef’s Garage – bar and restaurant
- Bellini’s Caffe – café, bar and restaurant
- Imagine Jenbauhaus Art Bar Café – bar and cafe
- Ichiban Takoyaki – authentic Japanese Takoyaki
- Silingan Coffee – coffee shop
- Vinyl Dump – vinyl, cassettes & CDs
- POST – gallery for upcoming artists
- Mancave industries – hobby store – airsoft
- The Brewman – café
- THE – clothing store
- The Twelfth House – café and clothing store
- Medisina Clothing – clothing store
- Mel Shoes and Bag Repair shop – repair shop
- Operating Hours: 7:30 A.M. – 12:00 A.M. Daily
- Parking is limited, you can park at the establishments nearby and walk to Cubao Expo instead.
- Parking Fee is ₱50.00 for 3 hours and additional ₱10.00 for the succeeding hours.