Everland is South Korea’s largest theme park owned and operated by the Samsung Group of Companies. It is located in Yongin City, 36 km away from Seoul. It has 5 themed zones namely American Adventure, European Adventure, Global Fair, Magic Land, and Zootopia that are filled by 6 million visitors annually. Everland not only houses thrilling rides but also has wildlife attractions.
During our time in Seoul, we spent a day at Everland Theme Park. We rode a bus from Gangnam to Everland in Yongin City which took an hour. I am not a fan of rides because I get dizzy fast but experiencing Everland was a nice experience. We arrived there in the morning and there were a lot of visitors already. The surrounding environment at the theme park was picturesque, with the trees showing the colors of autumn. It is my first time experiencing the Fall season.
I was fascinated by the designs made to show the themed zones. It was like being in a fantasy world and exploring its lands. We also tried a few rides, especially the ones with fewer lines but one of the highlights was the T-Express, Everland’s famous ride known as the tallest, steepest, and fastest wooden roller coaster in the country during its first opening. At that time, the line was long, but my cousin really wanted to try it so we availed quick passes so we could skip the line. We even had a video recording, unfortunately, I lost it and haven’t uploaded it. Anyway, it was fun but I got dizzy. Haha.
We spent the remaining time exploring the theme park and saw animals in Zootopia. It was my first time seeing a Macaw. We also had some snacks but it was expensive for us. We also watched a hologram performance of K-pop idols. I was really expecting to see K-pop idols during our trip to South Korea, especially Girls’ Generation. Somehow that show filled that longingness. Haha.
Our trip to Everland is a tiring but fun experience. It was my first time visiting a theme park outside the country and with that, I’m looking forward to more.
WANT TO KNOW MORE DESTINATIONS IN SEOUL? CHECK MY SOUTH KOREA EXPERIENCE!
TRAVEL GUIDE & TIPS
- 199, Everland Road, Cheoin District, Yongin City, Gyeonggi Province, South Korea
HOW TO GET THERE:
a. BY SHUTTLE BUS:
b. BY BUS:
- Take bus nos. 5002, 5700, 1500-2, or 1113
c. BY SUBWAY:
- Travel to Giheung Station on Bundang Line and transfer to Everline.
- Get off at the last stop of Everline and take the free shuttle bus to move to Caribbean Bay and Everland.
d. CAR RENTAL:
e. TRAVEL TOURS (Include admission ticket and round-trip transfers):
- EVERLAND ADMISSION PASS VIA KLOOK
- One-Day Ticket (Adults): ₩46,000-₩68,000
- One-Day Ticket (Children): ₩36,000-₩58,000
- ACCOMMODATIONS IN SEOUL
- Ocloud Hotel Gangnam
- Grand Walkerhill Seoul
- ibis Styles Ambassador Seoul Gangnam
- Staz Hotel Myeongdong 2
- Hotel Venue G
- Jongno Amare Hotel
CHECK OUT THESE DISCOUNTED/PROMO RATES FROM KLOOK:
- Hanbok Experience at Hanboknam Gyeongbokgung with Korean Hairstyling
- DMZ 3rd Invasion Tunnel and Suspension Bridge Day Tour from Seoul
- Nami Island / Alpaca / Railbike / Petite France / Morning Calm Tour
- Lotte World Ticket in Seoul
- N Seoul Tower Ticket
- Website: https://www.everland.com/
- OPERATING HOURS: Varies by month. Check here for the schedule.
- Buy your tickets online to avoid long lines.
- Visit during holidays for special themed events.
- Buy Q-passes to skip the queues for selected rides. Buy them a day before because there are no Q-passes available on the day itself.
- Download the Everland App for information such as queue lengths, maps, etc. It can help a lot in navigating Everland.
- Restaurants closed by either 8:00 P.M. or 9:00 P.M.
- No pets are allowed except for guide dogs for visually handicapped and hearing-impaired persons.
- Everland is huge but it can get very crowded especially during weekends and in the morning.
- Lockers, strollers, and wheelchairs are available for rent.
- Plan your route beforehand and arrive early so that you can experience first the rides with most lines.
- Not all rides are free. Most rides are free but some require additional payment like Robot VR, Animal Riding, and Gyro VR.
- Going on winter can be good and bad. There’s not much line but it will be hard because of the cold.