Aside from the beautiful beaches located in Samal, there is one waterfall that most travelers visit. Located at the heart of Samal Island, Hagimit Falls refreshes any person who takes a dip into its clear and cool water.
Hagimit Falls is a cascade and a fan type of waterfall. The water falls from the first cascade and then flows to the next cascade. This results to a continuous flow of water and creates different pools around the resort.
After my visit to Monfort Bat Sanctuary, I told my habal-habal driver to drop me off at Hagimit Falls. At first, I thought the waterfall was untouched but to my surprise, cottages, wooden bridges, and concrete pavements were built to accommodate guests. It is a resort for families and friends.
On my itinerary, I planned to spend just a few hours in Hagimit Falls, wet my feet and take some photos, so that I could go early to Kaputian Beach Park and swim in the sea. But the heat of the sun is starting to peak and the cool waters of the falls enticed me to take a dip. The water is clear and very cool. It woke my tired body and gave me a boost. It was very relaxing hearing the flow of water and seeing the plants and trees around me.
I left the falls having the feeling of wanting to stay more but because of my tight schedule, I had to leave. If given a chance to visit it again. I’ll spend my whole day swimming and enjoying the cool water and the view of nature at Hagimit Falls. Don’t miss this tourist spot if you’re planning to visit Samal Island soon.
IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR MORE DESTINATIONS IN DAVAO CITY, YOU CAN ALSO CHECK MY DAVAO, SAMAL & TALICUD TRAVEL GUIDE.
TRAVEL GUIDE & TIPS
HOW TO GET THERE:
a. BY PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION:
- From Francisco Bangoy International Airport, take a taxi going to Sasa Wharf. (Travel Time: 15 Minutes)
- Ride a ferry/RORO going to Babak Port. (Travel Time: 30 Minutes; Travel Fare: ₱10.00)
- Charter a habal-habal or a tricycle going to Hagimit Falls. (Travel Time: 25 Minutes)
b. BY TRAVEL TOURS:
THINGS TO DO:
- Swimming – take a dip in the cool waters of Hagimit Falls
- Picture Taking – take photos of the of the beautiful landscape
- Entrance Fee (Adults): ₱40.00
- Entrance Fee (Kids): ₱20.00
- Cottages (Open): ₱300.00-₱500.00
- Cottages (Close): ₱1000.00
- Tables with chairs: ₱150.00
- ANONANG CLOUD NINE – SAMAL ISLAND
- SAMAL ISLAND KEMBALI CONDO RESORT
- VILLA PRIVE SAMAL ISLAND
- SEDA ABREEZA
- PARK INN BY RADISSON DAVAO
- WATERFRONT INSULAR HOTEL DAVAO
- DUSITD2 DAVAO HOTEL
- ACACIA HOTEL DAVAO
- SANS HOTEL AT THE LUXEBRIDGE SUITES DAVAO
- RED PLANET DAVAO
CHECK OUT THESE DISCOUNTED/PROMO RATES FROM KLOOK:
- Samal Island Day Tour
- Malagos Garden Resort Day Tour Pass
- Nature Tour in Davao
- Highlands Tour in Davao
- Davao City Tour
- Contact Number (Mobile): +63 999 705 5330, +63 917 667 4831, +63 920 587 2430
- CURRENTLY CLOSED FOR REHABILITATION, contact them first before going
- Operating Hours: Opens Daily from 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. (Day Tour); 5:00 P.M. to 8:00 P.M. (Overnight)
- Facilities: Open cottages, rooms, tables and chairs
- Getting to Hagimit Falls can be a challenge since there is a steep staircase to conquer before arriving at the falls.
- There are pools that are deep enough for diving and there are pools suitable for small children to swim in.
- There is no corkage fee.
- Small stores are within the area if you want to buy snacks, ice and condiments.
- Camping is allowed.
- Overnight guests are allowed.
- Do not leave your trash anywhere.