HANOI SKY LOTTE OBSERVATION DECK
Hanoi Sky is an observation deck located in the third tallest building in Vietnam which is Lotte Center Hanoi. The observation deck stands 272 meters in the air offering guests a 360 skyline view of Hanoi.
Hanoi Sky does not only offer a great view but also different kinds of experiences surrounded by a wonderful view. Hanoi Sky offers virtual games and photo ops while wearing traditional Vietnamese costumes. There is also a bar called Sky Lounge which offers European-style specialties, coffees, and beverages.
On our third day in Vietnam, we visited Lotte Center Hanoi and planned to try Hanoi Sky. Unfortunately, that time rained and the view was covered by clouds so we just explored the mall on the bottom floors of the building and accepted that we would not be able to visit Hanoi Sky on this trip.
HIGH IN HANOI SKY LOTTE OBSERVATION DECK
By chance, we met Kazuki, a Japanese solo traveler from our Trang An and Bai Dinh Pagoda Trip whom we became friends. We decided to join each other’s company during our stay in Vietnam. One destination he wanted to visit is Hanoi Sky. Having mutual goals, we went back to Lotte Hanoi Center and this time, luck was on our side. The sky was clear.
From the entrance located at the basement floor of Lotte Center Hanoi, we rode the elevator going to the 65th floor where the observation deck is located. Upon the opening of the elevator door, I was amazed by the view in front of us. We were so high and saw a different perspective of Hanoi. I think this has a better view compared to N Seoul Tower. We saw lakes, rivers, commercial buildings, houses, and other establishments. We saw old sections of the city and new and modern sections as well. From that point of view, I can say that Vietnam is growing and maybe it might surpass the Philippines even more.
There is a section in the observatory deck called Skywalk where you can stand and feel like you are floating in the air and you can see the bottom of the building. It was nerve-wracking but also a fun experience. We spend our time taking a lot of photos and looking at the view from the different sides of the building. I was grateful that we were able to visit Hanoi Sky and have this experience.
WANT TO KNOW MORE DESTINATIONS IN HANOI? CHECK MY VIETNAM PAGE!
TRAVEL GUIDE & TIPS
HOW TO GET THERE:
a. BY TAXI/GRAB:
- Take a local taxi or book a ride via the Grab App going to Lotte Center Hanoi (Travel Time: 20 Minutes from Old Quarter)
- The entrance to Hanoi Sky is located at the Basement 1 Floor.
b. CAR RENTAL:
- Admission Ticket (Foreigners | Adults): VND 230,000
- Admission Ticket (Foreigners | Children: 3-12 Years Old): VND 170,000
- Admission Ticket (Vietnamese | Adults): VND 180,000
- Admission Ticket (Vietnamese | Children: 3-12 Years Old): VND 120,000
- HANOI SKY ADMISSION TICKET VIA KLOOK
- HANOI SKY ADMISSION TICKET VIA VIATOR
- ACCOMMODATIONS IN HANOI
- Madelise Palace Hotel & Spa
- Hanoi Graceful Hotel
- Ha Noi Memory Central Hotel & Spa
- Amira Hotel Hanoi
- Le Chanvre Hotel & Spa
CHECK OUT THESE DISCOUNTED/PROMO RATES FROM KLOOK:
- Hanoi Half-Day Tour with Vietnam Army Legendary Jeep
- Bai Dinh – Trang An – Mua Cave Tour from Ha Noi
- 3D2N Exploring Sapa Local Village Tour from Hanoi
- [Route 1+2] 3D2N Halong Bay Deluxe Cruise from Ha Noi by Phoenix Cruise
- Hoa Lu, Tam Coc/Trang An, and Mua Cave Day Tour from Hanoi
- Website: https://observationdeck.lottecenter.com.vn/en/index
- Contact Number: +84-24-3333-6000 (Lotte Center Hanoi), +82-24-3333-6565 (Lotte Observation Deck)
- OPERATING HOURS: 9:00 A.M. – 12:00 A.M. (From Mondays to Sundays)
- OTHER SERVICES: Virtual Reality Games (Skydiving Tourism, Fighting with Dragons), Costumes For Rent (Vietnamese Traditional Costume), Photo Taking and Printing
- The last admission for guests is at 11:00 P.M.
- The observation deck is stroller and wheelchair accessible.
- It’s best to go late in the afternoon before sunset for the golden hour lighting.
- Check for the weather first before going because rain clouds can cover the view and you’ll see nothing. The ticket counter will advise the visitors if the view at the top is clear before accepting entries.
- Food and drinks are allowed inside the Lotte Observation Deck except for those with strong odor.
- Due to its height and view, it is not advisable for people with acrophobia, vertigo, and heart problems.