N SEOUL TOWER
N Seoul Tower has become an icon of South Korea comparable to the Eiffel Tower of Paris. It was built as a general radio wave tower for broadcasting companies to provide TV and radio broadcasting to Seoul and is now also a famous tourist destination.
N Seoul Tower is located on top of Mt. Namsan and with a height of 777 ft. providing a 360 view of Seoul. The tower is divided into three sections: N Lobby, N Plaza, and N Tower. The N Lobby holds the entrance to the observatory, information desk, nursing room, museum, and children’s theater. The N Plaza is where the “Locks of Love” can be found. It also has a food court, the N terrace, restaurants, and souvenir shops. The N Tower is where the observation decks and the rotating restaurant can be found, where you can have a 360 view of the city.
DREAM COME TRUE IN N SEOUL TOWER
After visiting Jeju, we finally explored Seoul and one of our planned destinations is N Seoul Tower. I always see the tower in Korean dramas and K-pop music videos. This was the time I was addicted to anything Korean. Never would I’ve thought to see it personally but I still wished to see it someday. But because of a sudden South Korean trip planned by my cousins years after, it finally came true.
We went there on our first day in Seoul during a cold night. There were a lot of tourists. We looked around but unfortunately, everything was expensive for us. Haha. We also saw the famous “Locks of Love” and took some pictures. Finally, we climbed the tower and proceeded to the observation deck where we saw the beautiful nightscape of Seoul. It was a unique experience for me. From just seeing it on screen to finally seeing and experiencing it in real life.
We stayed at the observation deck for a while then left N Seoul Tower to prepare for our trip to Everland the next day. If you love the Korean Wave, I suggest you visit N Seoul Tower too!
WANT TO KNOW MORE DESTINATIONS IN SEOUL? CHECK MY SOUTH KOREA EXPERIENCE!
TRAVEL GUIDE & TIPS
- 105 Namsangongwon-gil, Yongsan District, Seoul, South Korea
HOW TO GET THERE:
a. BY SEOUL CITY TOUR BUS (BOOK HERE):
- If you are taking the subway (Line 5), drop at Gwanghwamun Station.
- Ride the Seoul City Tour Bus. The bus is located in the front of Gwanghwamun Donghwa Duty-Free. (Intervals: 30 Minutes, From 9:00 A.M. – 9:00 P.M.)
- This bus will take you to N Seoul Tower, other Seoul destinations, and different ancient palaces.
b. BY BUS:
- If taking the subway, drop at Chungmuro Station (Line 3, 4) or Dongguk University Station (Line 3)
- Walk towards the bus stop and take the Namsan Sunhwan Shuttle Bus No. 1 (Intervals: 7-10 Minutes; From 6:30 A.M. to 11:00 P.M.; Fare: ₩1,100)
c. BY CABLE CAR:
- From Myeongdong Station (Line 4), walk for 10- 15 minutes to the Namsan Cable Car Boarding Site located along Sopa-ro. (Operating Hours: 10:00 A.M. – 11:00 P.M.)
d. CAR RENTAL:
e. TRAVEL TOURS (Include admission ticket and round-trip transfers):
- N SEOUL TOWER OBSERVATORY TICKET VIA KLOOK
- Observatory Ticket (Adults): ₩21,000
- Observatory Ticket (Elderly & Children): ₩16,000
- Namsan Cable Car (Adult – Roundtrip): ₩14,000
- Namsan Cable Car (Elderly & Children – Roundtrip): ₩10,500
- Namsan Cable Car (Adult – One Way): ₩11,000
- Namsan Cable Car (Elderly & Children – One Way): ₩8,000
- ACCOMMODATIONS IN SEOUL
- Ocloud Hotel Gangnam
- Grand Walkerhill Seoul
- ibis Styles Ambassador Seoul Gangnam
- Staz Hotel Myeongdong 2
- Hotel Venue G
- Jongno Amare Hotel
CHECK OUT THESE DISCOUNTED/PROMO RATES FROM KLOOK:
- Hanbok Experience at Hanboknam Gyeongbokgung with Korean Hairstyling
- DMZ 3rd Invasion Tunnel and Suspension Bridge Day Tour from Seoul
- Nami Island / Alpaca / Railbike / Petite France / Morning Calm Tour
- Lotte World Ticket in Seoul
- N Seoul Tower Ticket
- Website: https://www.nseoultower.co.kr/eng/
- OPERATING HOURS: 10:30 A.M. to 10:30 P.M. (Weekdays); 10:00 A.M. to 11:00 P.M. (Weekends & Holidays)
- Opening hours may change depending on weather conditions.
- There are gift stores and restaurants in the building.
- Entry to the observatory is allowed up to 30 minutes before closing.
- Wear comfortable shoes as you need to walk a steep slope from the bus stop to the tower.
- N Seoul Tower can be very crowded even for the cable car so plan well the schedule of your visit.