HUNGRY FOR HOMIES
One weekday, I was surprised that my sister is not having dinner at home even if she was working from home that day. She told me that she and her boyfriend are planning to eat in Makati. I was surprised because it is a Friday night and the distance between Makati from where we live is huge. What on earth made them go out knowing that they will face heavy traffic? She then enthusiastically shared with me Hungry Homies. She told me that it is one of the best burgers she and her boyfriend tasted and they were craving it that day.
Upon seeing their Instagram page, I remembered watching an interview of Laureen Uy and Miggy Cruz, I did not follow the whole interview but I watched a part where they were sharing the story of the food business they started during the pandemic. I remembered something about burgers in that interview and then I realized it is Hungry Homies.
I got curious and when I started to crave burgers, Julie and I tried them for the first time. We visited their branch on Chino Roces Avenue. The place is small but it will strike you with its bright red and yellow facade. Seats are limited. There are three inside and two outside. I liked their idea of turning a metal drum into a dining table.
I also like its menu for having only a few options, it makes decision-making easier. Unfortunately, onions were not available at that time maybe because of the high prices of the commodity, but they offered us to choose between jalapenos or mushrooms as replacements for the onions.
Their burgers are good, it reminded me of my strong burger cravings when I was in college. The combination of the smashed patties, veggies, cheese, and bread complements each other. The fries are crispy and make you want to chew more especially with the cheese but too much without the cheese or any sauce can be bland. All in all, our experience at Hungry Homies is great. I liked the simplicity of its menu and place and having amazing food at the same time. I hope that it can have more branches soon. If you are having that burger craving, you should try Hungry Homies! You’ll never regret it.
IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A PLACE TO PARTY NEAR HUNGRY HOMIES, CHECK OUT NOKAL MNL.
- 2233 Chino Roces Avenue, Makati City, Metro Manila, Philippines
- 19 Walnut Street, Marikina City, Metro Manila, Philippines
CHECK OUT THESE DISCOUNTED/PROMO RATES IN KLOOK:
- Manila Ocean Park Attractions Pass
- The Mind Museum BGC All-Day Pass
- Intramuros Bambike Tour
- Art in Island: 3D Interactive Art Gallery Ticket
- Lakbay Museo Ticket in Manila
- Website: https://hungryhomies.ph/
- Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/hungryhomiesph
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/hungryhomiesph/
Contact Numbers: 0977 236 5164 (Makati), 0917 153 9574 (Marikina)
- Operating Hours:
- Makati – Opens Daily: 11:00 A.M. – 12:00 A.M.
- Marikina – Opens Daily: 11:00 A.M. – 7:00 P.M.
- In Chino Roces, seats are limited. You can wait to dine in or you can find a sit at the store next door, Flo, which is also a store of the owners.
- Food delivery is also available. You can order via their website.