JEJU FOLK VILLAGE
Ever dreamt of going back in time and seeing the places and people in a specific timeline? I always dreamt of that. Being a fan of history, I always thought of traveling back in time to see how the places or buildings were before and how people lived their lives. Well, here in Jeju Folk Village, you’ll get a glimpse of how was the society in Jeju in the 19th century.
Jeju Folk Village is a famous destination on the island where you can experience the old Jeju during the end of the Joseon Dynasty (1890s). It shows the traditional houses and tools used by the Jeju people. The village also shows the culture, traditions, and historical background that happened in the village. It’s like time-traveling while exploring the village. If you are a K-Drama Fan, you might want to see the shooting location of the famous K-Drama hit, Jewel in the Palace as this is where the set was done.
After visiting Seongsan Ilchulbong, we drove to Jeju Folk Village for a history class about Jeju’s past. The village is huge. The houses were made from stones and they used dried silver grass for their thatched roofs. There were even mannequins inside that showed the customs and clothing of the people during that time. It is a lifesize diorama. We also used some of the traditional tools for farming as props for our picture. There were also artifacts on display where we learned pieces of information about them. The tour of the village was tiring but we also learned a lot from Jeju’s Past.
If you want to learn the history of Jeju not by reading books or on the internet but in real life, you should visit Jeju Folk Village.
WANT TO KNOW MORE DESTINATIONS IN JEJU ISLAND? CHECK MY SOUTH KOREA: JEJU ISLAND & SEOUL TRAVEL BLOG!
TRAVEL GUIDE & TIPS
- 631-34, Minsokhaean-ro, Pyoseon-myeon, Seogwipo City, Jeju Island, South Korea
HOW TO GET THERE:
a. CITY BUS:
- From Jeju Airport, you can take bus 121 to Jeju Folk Village. (Travel Time: 1 Hour)
- From Seogwipo Intercity Bus Terminal, you can take bus 201. (Travel Time: 1 Hour and 30 Minutes)
b. CAR RENTAL:
c. CHARTERED CAR (Including Fuel fees, Parking fees, Toll fees, and 9 hours of private car charter service):
- Entrance Fee (Adults): ₩15,000
- Entrance Fee (Senior Citizens): ₩13,000
- Entrance Fee (Teenagers): ₩12,000
- Entrance Fee (Children): ₩11,000
- Entrance Fee (For a group of 20 or more): ₩12,000 for Adults, ₩10,000 for Seniors, ₩8,000 for Teenagers, and ₩7,000 for Children
- HANBOK EXPERIENCE AT JEJU FOLK VILLAGE VIA KLOOK
- ACCOMMODATIONS IN JEJU
- Shinshin Hotel Seogwipo
- Hotel Whistlelark, BW Signature Collection
- Hotel RegentMarine The Blue
- Ebenezer Hotel
- Shinshin Hotel Cheonjiyeon
- Jeju The Jade Hotel
CHECK OUT THESE DISCOUNTED/PROMO RATES FROM KLOOK:
- Aqua Planet Jeju Ticket (Foreigners Only)
- Gimnyeong Yacht Cruise Tour in Jeju
- Nanta Show Ticket in Jeju
- Jeju K-Pop & K-Drama Day Tour
- Starry Night Photoshoot Experience in Jeju
- Website: https://jejufolk.com/index.php
- Contact Numbers: (+82) 064-787-4501
- OPERATING HOURS: 8:30 A.M. – 6:00 P.M. (October to February); 8:30 A.M. – 6:30 P.M. (March); 8:30 A.M. – 7:00 P.M. (April-July); 8:30 A.M. – 7:30 P.M. (July-August); 8:30 A.M. – 7:00 P.M. (August-September)
- FACILITIES: Public Parking, Cash Payment, Credit Card Payment, Restrooms, Convenience Store, Beverage Stand, Alarm and Evacuation Facilities, Maternity Facilities
- A free parking site is available.
- You can also watch folk performances and cultural activities in the village.
- Workshops about Woodcraft, Pyrograph and Leather Brush, Pottery, and Akgijang (Musical Instrument Making) are available.
- Wearing a Hanbok experience is also available.