DAHEEYEON GARDEN TO JEJU LAF
Daheeyeon Garden is a farm where you can find endless green tea fields. It also has a museum, a cave cafe, and a thrilling zip-line ride. Unfortunately, Daheeyeon Garden does not exist anymore, but don’t worry, it is not now called JeJu LAF (Light Art Flash). Despite having a new name and probably management, it still has a cafe and you can still explore their green tea fields. Aside from the previous ones, they now have a restaurant, foot bath experience (LAFOOT), numerous art galleries by different artists, and an improved zipline ride (LAFLY).
Upon our arrival, I was amazed by the modern building in front of us. A farm with this kind of architecture, when compared to the Philippines is far from it. We visited their underground cave cafe and tried their beverages. We also explored their museum which exhibits different tools used for harvesting and making tea, which I thought how sophisticated the tea industry is. What got me excited was their green tea field. The row of tea shrubs with a background of a mountain is pleasant to the eyes. It is a sight I only see in pictures or in movies. The view of nature there is breathtaking.
In 2018, Daheeyeon Garden became Jeju LAF. I don’t know of the true reason, don’t take my word for this, but I think there was a change in ownership/management thus changing the brand name and identity. But despite that, the green tea field is still there and a lot of developments have been done. One of these is their new restaurant which offers light snacks to satisfy the visitors’ hunger while enjoying various activities. Another one is their foot bath experience which they call, LAFOOT. An aromatherapy foot spa that uses aroma oils and green tea foot scrub that are sold in their gift shop. The zipline ride before is also improved which now they call, LAFLY.
What I am intrigued and wanted to see if given the chance to visit Jeju LAF is the beautiful artwork installations in their galleries. Based on the photos, the exhibits are colorful and wonderfully displayed around the area.
Here are some photos of the activities and experiences in JEJU LAF from their Instagram Account:
WANT TO KNOW MORE DESTINATIONS IN JEJU ISLAND? CHECK MY SOUTH KOREA: JEJU ISLAND & SEOUL TRAVEL BLOG!
- 115-1 Seongyo-ro, Jocheon-eup, Jeju Island, South Korea
HOW TO GET THERE:
a. PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION:
- Jeju Airport 325 → Transfer to Jocheon Gymnasium 704-3 → Jeju LAF (Stop name: Daheeyeon)
- Jeju Airport 101 (Seogwipo Bus Terminal) → Transfer at Hamdeok Transfer Stop 704-2 → Jeju Raf (Stop name: Daheeyeon)
b. CAR RENTAL:
- Rent a car via KLOOK JEJU CAR RENTALS.
- From Jeju Airport: Bonggae – Beonyeong-ro – (Route 97) go straight for 16km – go straight in the direction of Geomun Oreum at Seonhwa Intersection and go for about 3km.
c. CHARTERED CAR (including Fuel fees, Parking fees, Toll fees, and 9 hours of private car charter service):
- LA SPECIAL = Foot Bath Experience (LAFOOT) + Zipwire (LAFLY) (14 years and older): ₩45,000
- LA SPECIAL = Foot Bath Experience (LAFOOT) + Zipwire (LAFLY) (Children under 13 years old): ₩38,000
- For Instant Booking Check: KKDAY – LAFOOT AND LAFLY PACKAGE VOUCHER
CHECK OUT THESE DISCOUNTED/PROMO RATES FROM KLOOK:
- Aqua Planet Jeju Ticket (Foreigners Only)
- Gimnyeong Yacht Cruise Tour in Jeju
- Nanta Show Ticket in Jeju
- Jeju K-Pop & K-Drama Day Tour
- Starry Night Photoshoot Experience in Jeju
- Contact Numbers: (+82) 064-784-9030
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Website: https://jejulaf.com/
- Instagram: @jejulaf
- OPERATING HOURS: 9:00 A.M. – 6:00 P.M. They are open all year round.
- FACILITIES: Café Laff, LAFOOT, LAFLY, Gift Shop, LAFOOD, LAFF Gallery, Green Tea Field
- The zipline ride (LAFLY) is greatly affected by the weather so it is not available in case of rain/strong winds.
- Companion boarding is not possible for LAFLY, and only individual boarding is allowed.
- Wear appropriate clothing (Pants) for LAFLY as it requires special attention not only to safety but also to loss of belongings.
- Children are allowed to use LAFLY as long as they meet the physical height and weight requirements.