If you want to visit a controversial destination in Jeju, Jeju Loveland is a place you’ll have to see. This famous tourist site is a sculpture theme park that most people will find it vulgar and funny or some might find it revolutionary as it promotes sensuality. Yes, this theme park has sculptures that show sex, love, and eroticism. So minors are not allowed!
The sculptures which are scattered throughout the 39,667 sqm of land were made by twenty artists who graduated from Hongik University. As you go around the park, you’ll see a variety of sculptures of phalluses, vaginas, couples having sex in different positions, masturbation, and anything sexual you’ll probably see it here.
After visiting Cheonjiyeon Waterfall, we drove our way back to Jeju City for our flight to Seoul the next day. But before going to our accommodation, we visited Jeju Loveland first as our final destination in Jeju Island. As we entered the park, we were just laughing upon seeing the sculptures. It caught us by surprise. Haha. The park is huge and there were a lot of couples enjoying the park. We also entered their indoor exhibition spaces named Baek-rok museums which have different collections of sex toys, wooden penises, and other artworks about sexuality.
This destination was somehow new to us but also one for the books for its uniqueness and strangeness. If you are a couple who are planning to have their honeymoon, I suggest you should visit Jeju Loveland for the added spice. Haha.
WANT TO KNOW MORE DESTINATIONS IN JEJU ISLAND? CHECK MY SOUTH KOREA: JEJU ISLAND & SEOUL TRAVEL BLOG!
TRAVEL GUIDE & TIPS
- 2894-72, 1100-ro, Jeju City, Jeju Island, South Korea
HOW TO GET THERE:
a. BY CITY BUS:
- Ride Bus Line No. 240, No. 465, or No. 466
b. BY TAXI:
- Taxis are available from Jeju International Airport. (Taxi fare from the airport is more or less ₩10,000)
c. BY CAR RENTAL:
d. BY CHARTERED CAR (Including Fuel fees, Parking fees, Toll fees, and 9 hours of private car charter service):
- ADMISSION TICKET TO JEJU LOVELAND VIA KLOOK
- Entrance Fee (Adults): ₩12,000
- Entrance Fee (Senior Citizen): ₩10,000
- Entrance Fee (Disabled): ₩10,000
- ACCOMMODATIONS IN JEJU
- Shinshin Hotel Seogwipo
- Hotel Whistlelark, BW Signature Collection
- Hotel RegentMarine The Blue
- Ebenezer Hotel
- Shinshin Hotel Cheonjiyeon
- Jeju The Jade Hotel
CHECK OUT THESE DISCOUNTED/PROMO RATES FROM KLOOK:
- Aqua Planet Jeju Ticket (Foreigners Only)
- Gimnyeong Yacht Cruise Tour in Jeju
- Nanta Show Ticket in Jeju
- Jeju K-Pop & K-Drama Day Tour
- Starry Night Photoshoot Experience in Jeju
- Website: http://www.jejuloveland.com/
- Contact Numbers: +82-064-712-6988, +82-2-1330
- OPERATING HOURS: 09:00 A.M. – 12:00 A.M. Open all year round.
- FACILITIES: Parking Area, Cash Payment, Credit Card Payment, Restrooms, Art Shop, Snack Corner, Recreation Area, Convenience Store
- Parking is available for free.
- A recreation room and play area are available for minors while the adults explore the exhibits.
- Entry of minors and the wearing of school uniforms is not permitted.
- No pets allowed.