Manna Kitchen is the restaurtant of Aginana Villas. A beautiful resort located in San Juan, La Union. Manna Kitchen offers Filipino dishes, pasta, sandwiches, pizzas, desserts, and coffee beverages. What is unique about them is their exclusive dishes only made in the restaurant like the GGSS Crab Roll and Strawberry Balsamic Grilled Cheese.
The first time I heard of Manna Kitchen was from our friend’s friends who stay in San Juan. They were originally from Metro Manila but they decided to live in LU for the long term. Being there for almost three years, they have tried a lot of local restaurants and discovered what are the best restaurants for travelers and locals to try and Manna Kitchen is one of their recommendations.
FOOD FROM HEAVEN
On our second day in La Union, we tried Manna Kitchen for breakfast. I was excited to try local restaurants so we went there quickly even if it was a 15-minute drive from our accommodation. Upon our arrival, I saw a familiar face playing with a child, at first I was trying to remember her name but then Julie whispered to me that she was Bettina Carlos-Eduardo, a famous actress here in the Philippines. She with her husband owns the Aginana Villas and Manna Kitchen. Even though I quietly hid my amazement, they were very nice and welcoming.
They have both an alfresco and indoor dining area but we chose the latter to explore the property more and experience Manna Kitchen. The indoor dining is located on the second floor of the building and has a barista area where we ordered coffee. We ordered their signature Shakerato, an ice-shaken espresso & sugar and I can say that is one good coffee. For the food, we ordered their Longsilog, Arroz Caldo Espesyal, and their best-seller, the GGSS Crab Roll. These dishes were prepared nicely and they are really good. They have their own taste even if they are our accustomed meals at home. The GGSS Crab Roll should be on your order. The milk bun used is very soft and tasty and the handpicked crab filling on top is what you’ll want for a “palaman” to that bun.
Manna Kitchen is a highly recommended restaurant in La Union that you should also try in your travel to the province. It is one of the restaurants I will go back to If I come back to LU again. The food and place are really food from heaven and a work of love.
IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR ANOTHER RESTAURANT TO TRY IN LA UNION, CHECK OUT MY KAYU STEAKHOUSE GUIDE.
FOOD GUIDE & TIPS
CHECK OUT THESE DISCOUNTED/PROMO RATES IN KLOOK:
- Hiraya Sunset Hill La Union Experience
- Manila to Laoag and Vigan P2P Bus Ticket
- Paoay Sand Dunes Adventure in Ilocos
- Waterfalls Tour in Ilocos
- Private Vigan City Tour
- Instagram: mannakitchen.lu
- Contact Number (Mobile): 0927 884 6614
- OPERATING HOURS: 8:00 A.M. – 6:00 P.M. (Mondays to Thursdays); 8:00 A.M. – 9:00 P.M. (Fridays to Sundays); Closed on Wednesdays
- The restaurant only accepts cash and GCash.
- They have alfresco and indoor dining areas.
- To give customers new options, they update their menu from time to time.
- They also have a very Instagrammable accommodation called Aginana Villas.
- If pets are not allowed in Aginana Villas, pets are welcome here in Manna Kitchen.