There comes a time in our life when we just want to lie down, relax and appreciate our surroundings. Where we lie down on a bench, observe the swaying of the trees, and get lost staring at the sparkling pool of water. Away from stress and a lot of movements.
That time came to me. I was in “Tito mode”. I still love going to the mountains but this was the time when I just want to relax and be in peace.
NAYOMI SANCTUARY RESORT
It was the holidays and my Family wanted to go out of town to relax and dip in the waters. They just wanted to be in a resort where there are a swimming pool and nice accommodation. My sister searched online and found Nayomi Sanctuary Resort. Never heard of it, but she told me it is owned by the Prats family, a known family of actors. What’s more interesting is that it offers Glamping. I have tried camping but never had the comfort of what glamping can offer. The outdoor experience and comfort it showed made us book it immediately.
Upon our arrival, we took a stroll around the resort to check what was in store for us. There are a lot of amenities to be used such as a bar, 2 swimming pools, a kiddie park, a view deck, and an outdoor theater.
We spent the whole afternoon swimming in their 2 swimming pools, then watched the sunset on their view deck. We were lucky to have the pool just for ourselves, we almost had an hour before the other guests arrived. It was placed strategically. It was well lit by the afternoon sun that illuminated the waters and added to the soothing colors it brings.
Nayomi Sanctuary Resort’s view deck offers a sunset view of the Taal Lake and the surrounding mountains like Mt. Maculot. We sat on the ground while we appreciate the setting sun. By the way, it is also a great venue for a wedding.
That night, we ate our dinner at their Anahaw Restaurant which offers delicious Filipino Food, somehow expensive but it was worth the price. We proceeded next to the bonfire area where the guests gather and have their marshmallows melted by the fire. Before lighting the bonfire, they closed all lights surrounding the area. They have a ball of fire that slides down from a rope going to the cauldron full of gas and firewood. It was quite a show and the kids started to applaud in astonishment.
7:45 P.M. was the start of the movie at the outdoor theater. We proceeded to the watching grounds while some of the guests are still enjoying their smores. There were no seats available but we enjoyed sitting on the grass, side by side with our loved ones under the starry sky.
Our tent has 3 medium-sized beds that can accommodate 2 persons each. We also have a restroom for our bathroom needs and a picnic bench where we played board games and had our snacks. The tent also includes fans and a lampshade so we didn’t have to worry about the ventilation and lighting. We decided to sleep before midnight and we were happy to have a good night’s sleep.
The next morning, we had our free breakfast before spending the rest of our time again in the swimming pool and the view deck. It was just a one-night vacation and we were wanting for more. I didn’t expect it to be so relaxing and beautiful as this. I was really grateful to have this R&R with my family and we were looking forward to coming back.
Nayomi Sanctuary Resort is just a few hours away from Metro Manila. If you are wanting that vacation that you are planning for a very long time, I suggest you stay and spend a wonderful time outdoors here with your families and friends.
- JM Katigbak Street, Barangay Alangilan, Balete, Batangas, Philippines
HOW TO GET THERE:
- Public Transportation:
- Ride a bus (Jam Liner) going to Lipa City, Batangas. (Travel Time: 1 Hour and 30 Minutes, Fare = P132)
- Go down to Starbucks or Shakeys Lipa and ride a tricycle to Nayomi Sanctuary Resort (Barangay Alangilan, Balete). (Travel Time: 25-30 Minutes, Fare = P250-P350/ride)
- Private Transportation:
- Take South Luzon Expressway and exit to Lipa City.
- Take President Jose P. Laurel Highway and drive straight to Balete Road.
- Turn left to Nayomi Sanctuary Resort.
- Public Transportation:
- Book HERE for rooms or glamping tents
CHECK OUT THESE DISCOUNTED/PROMO RATES IN KLOOK:
- Aquaria Water Park Day Pass
- Crusoe Cabins Casobe Beach Staycation with Add-ons
- Palm Beach Resort Overnight Staycation with F&B Credits and Kayak
- Swimming Pool
- Kiddie Park
- Outdoor Theater
- Glamping Area
- View Deck
- Function Room
- Landline Numbers: (02) 645-3092 | (02) 986-5487 | (02) 534-9644
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/nayomiresort/
- Website: http://www.nayomisanctuaryresort.com/
- Office Hours: Monday to Friday – 8:00 A.M. to 6:30 P.M.
- The movie starts at 7:45 P.M.
- There is no wifi. They offer experiences disconnected from technology.
- Each glamping tent has a personal restroom, a picnic table, and a free breakfast.
- In every tent, there is a Bug Zapper to keep insects crawling inside your tent, but please, avoid getting it out of the tent, as most insects get attracted to it, including bees. I was really disappointed to myself to see the bees lying dead on the bug zapper tray. I was focused on getting rid of the mosquitoes that I actually forgot that there are also other insects in the vicinity. Bees are part of our ecosystem and they are responsible for the growth of our plants and fruits. Let’s help them to live naturally and in peace.
- Aside from the amenities they also offer tours (Taal Lake Scenic Tour and Volcano Trekking) and water sports activities like Banana Boat (P350.00/head, minimum of 9 pax for 15 mins) and Flying Fish (P500.00/head, minimum 6 pax for 15 mins.).
- They are also available for events such as weddings, team buildings, proposals, birthdays, anniversaries, and corporate events.
- If you want a side trip more of the adventure side, check out Mt. Maculot in Cuenca.
[…] you will ask me what would I do after the pandemic, I would go camping and be with nature. The lockdowns and staying at home are a bummer and it will really make you appreciate the […]