If you want an alternative to Tagaytay, to eat in a restaurant with a wonderful view and cold weather, you can try Tanay Highlands. They are located in the province of Rizal on the slopes of the Sierra Madre. Tanay Highlands offers good food, alfresco dining, and a wonderful view of Rizal, Laguna, and Laguna de Bay.
After Christmas Day, we decided to take our cousins, aunt, and uncle to Tanay, Rizal. My sister suggested dining first at Tanay Highlands as she heard that it was a good place to eat and stay. Upon our arrival, a huge queue of guests is waiting at the gates of the restaurant. Luckily, chairs are available for those who are waiting. Just at the entrance is where their newly opened Bakery is located, pastries and coffee orders can be ordered there while guests wait.
We waited for 30 minutes before we were called to take our seats. The dining areas are alfresco and we can see that the place is jam-packed. Fortunately, we were seated just beside the view deck where we had a 180-degree view of the landmarks surrounding the area such as Mt. Banahaw, Laguna de Bay, Mt. Sembrano, Pililla Wind Farm, Talim Island, Mt. Batulao, Mt. Manabu and Mt. Makiling.
BULALO WITH TORCHED BONE MARROW
For the food, we ordered individual meals like Beef Pares, Fried Chicken, Pork Tonkatsu Curry, Orange Chicken, Chicken Katsudon, and Green Mango Pako Salad. As for the sharing, we ordered Mexican Pulled Pork Nachos and of course, their Bulalo with Torched Marrow. All in all the food is great. We also ordered drinks such as their espresso drinks, dirty matcha latte, and a drink they call Chocnut Nostalgia, which it tasted weird at first but then, I ended up liking and finishing it.
To end our stay at the restaurant, we took some photos as our souvenirs from this place despite the cloudy background. Tanay Highlands is a good place for families and friends to gather. To eat good food and be amazed by the surrounding natural view while dining. Next time you crave for a Tagaytay feeling, go to Tanay Highlands instead and experience the uniqueness of Rizal.
LOOKING FOR MORE RESTAURANTS TO ENJOY IN TANAY, RIZAL? YOU SHOULD ALSO VISIT AND TRY YEYI’S PIZZERIA & CAFE.
FOOD GUIDE & TIPS
CHECK OUT THESE DISCOUNTED/PROMO RATES IN KLOOK:
- Luljetta’s Hanging Gardens Spa Day Pass
- Treasure Mountain Day Tour in Tanay, Rizal
- Avilon Zoo Ticket in Rizal
- Fresno Agro-Forestry and Eco Tourist Campsite Day Tour in Rizal
- Mount Purro Nature Reserve Day Tour in Antipolo
- Facebook Page: tanayhighlands
- Contact Number (Mobile): 0968 855 4846
- Operating Hours: 6:00 A.M. – 8:00 P.M. (Mondays-Sundays). Closed on private events.
- They accept table reservations for groups of 20 pax and up with a non-refundable reservation fee of 5,000. Message them on their FB Page to reserve.
- They recently opened their Bakery where they offer coffee drinks and baked goodies.
- They accept Cash, GCash, Debit Card, and Credit Card Payments.
- Be aware of long lines, especially on the weekends.
- First come, first serve policy.
- They allow private events.
- Parking spaces are available both outside and inside the establishment.
- Aside from being a restaurant, they have a camping site and offer camping packages (Day, Night, Overnight).