Tinago Falls is one of the most beautiful waterfalls I’ve visited in Biliran. It is located in the heart of the Caibiran rainforest which is surrounded by lush greens of trees, vines, and other exotic plants.
When it comes to destinations, what makes me feel more excited is the natural wonders I’m about to see. When I went to Biliran, Tinago Falls was not on my itinerary. Fortunately, Kuya Elmer Samuray approached me in front of my hotel and offered to be my tour guide in Biliran. The next day, he toured me around the island, he brought me to Paradizu Bayview Resort, Acaban Cave, and at noon, we made a stop at Tinago Falls Leisure Park in Caibiran where I saw the breathtaking Tinago Falls. I was very amazed by the sight in front of me. Tinago Falls’ current is strong and it creates a huge pool where people can swim.
I was lucky to experience the falls alone. There was no crowd so I was able to take a long shutter shot of the waterfall and it was visually stunning. I spent a few minutes to take a dip in its cool water. It felt refreshing and enchanting at the same time. I only spent an hour there to accommodate the other destinations in Biliran but that probably was the highlight of my Biliran trip. Tinago Falls is a hidden gem travelers need to discover.
IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR MORE DESTINATIONS IN BILIRAN, YOU CAN ALSO CHECK MY BILIRAN TRAVEL GUIDE.
TRAVEL GUIDE & TIPS
HOW TO GET THERE:
- Charter a tricycle or motorcycle from Naval going to Tinago Falls. Or you can contact Kuya Elmer Samuray for a tour guide – 0915 269 8650 / 0929 713 8940. (Travel Time: 30 Minutes)
THINGS TO DO:
- Picture Taking – take a photo of the breathtaking Tinago Falls
- Entrance Fee (Adults): ₱20 per person
- Entrance Fee (Minors): ₱10 per person
*Price is subject to change without prior notice
- BETHANY HILL BROWN ROOM ALMERIA
- BETHANY HILL BLACK ROOM ALMERIA
- MIDPOINT SUITES
- HOTEL BENJAMIN NAVAL
- FRAGOCH TOURIST INN
- MARVIN’S SEASIDE INN
- GV HOTEL NAVAL
CHECK OUT THESE DISCOUNTED/PROMO RATES FROM KLOOK:
- Boracay Parasailing
- Coron Super Ultimate Day Tour
- Boracay Sunset Cruise
- Puerto Princesa Underground River Day Tour Palawan
- Oslob Whale Shark and Cebu Canyoneering Adventure
- Facebook Page (Biliran Province): Biliran Island
- Contact Numbers (Tour Guide – Kuya Elmer Samuray): 0915 269 8650 / 0929 713 8940
- The depth of the pool near the falls is still unknown so be cautious. Safety first.
- Do not travel alone and travel only by day.
- Avoid going on rainy days, due to the strong currents or events of a flash flood.
- Limited mobile phone signal in the area.
- Do not leave your trash anywhere. Let’s keep Tinago Falls clean.
- Tinago Leisure Park is a recommended picnic area where friends and family can gather and enjoy the view and cool waters of Tinago Falls.
- Restrooms and changing rooms are available.