Burot Beach is located in Calatagan, Batangas. We all know that in Batangas beaches like this are in abundance. If you want a getaway that is cheap and offers to be one with nature this is the place to go. There are no hotels, cottages, or rooms here, just tents.
It’s summertime. I’m dying to go to the beach and I also want to take my family on a vacation. I’ve heard about Burot Beach from my girlfriend. We were planning to go there but we didn’t continue because of some circumstances. So, I asked my family to go there instead, and eventually, my girlfriend joined us.
We planned on leaving at 4 in the morning but instead, we left the house at 5 A.M. We got stuck in traffic as it was not a weekend. SLEX is the way, then exit to Laguna, but we took the hard way, thanks to Waze. Instead of just exiting in Sta. Rosa, Laguna, we took the Carmona exit in Cavite. We got into traffic and passed through narrow and uneven roads. Travel time is 3-4 hours. It was a long drive but we were still excited to see the sea.
Burot Beach is a private property. A security guard greeted us at the gate and we paid ₱10 for the entrance fee. The way going to the beach was not yet paved, it was a challenge if you brought a small car. Slowly, we trod the road avoiding as many humps and holes as we can.
TIME TO RELAX
After a long drive, we finally arrived at Burot. We paid the entrance fee of 65 pesos per person. We rented a table for our food and pitched our own tent. Like all camping trips, we used my cook-set to cook our lunch by the beach. If you didn’t bring food, there’s a sari-sari store that sells some.
We didn’t plan to stay overnight, so we enjoyed the beach as much as we could. The place is simple (no electricity and always low tide). A place to chill, feel the wind and get wet by the beach.
The highlight of the day is the sunset. Nothing can explain the beauty of the setting sun even if it brings darkness afterward.
We ended our day visiting Tagaytay to eat Bulalo. We just spent a little time there but it was all worth it. I’ve spent a day at the beach with the ones I love and had fun together.
AS OF 2016, BUROT BEACH IS CLOSED. CHECK BEFORE GOING FIRST. INSTEAD, YOU CAN VISIT VIRGIN BEACH RESORT IN LAIYA OR AQUARIA WATER PARK IN CALATAGAN.
TRAVEL GUIDE & TIPS
HOW TO GET THERE:
- Take SLEX and Exit to Sta. Rosa. Drive along Sta. Rosa Tagaytay Road. Then drive to Tagaytay Nasugbu-Higway. Turn right to Baligabo-Balayan Highway. Turn left to Calatagan-Lian Highway. Drive until you reach Burot Beach. (Travel time = 3-4 hours)
- Entrance Fee: ₱65
- Gate Fee: ₱10
- Grill Rent Fee: ₱100
CHECK OUT THESE DISCOUNTED/PROMO RATES IN KLOOK:
- Aquaria Water Park Day Pass
- Cocoons Club Laiya Beach Staycation with Add-Ons
- Cintai Corito’s Garden Staycation with Breakfast and F&B Voucher
- Please throw your trash properly! Piles of trash are starting to build around the beach.
- Be careful taking a step in the sea, sea urchins can be found in its waters. One of the visitors stepped on them and suffered.
- There are no cottages or rooms available for rent. Tents are the only available accommodation here.