Cabucgayan Boardwalk or NARAVIL-MFA Boardwalk is an ecotourism site developed to help the families in the area, to boost tourism and livelihood. It is located in Barangay Looc, Cabucgayan, Biliran facing Carigara Bay and Leyte. The boardwalk is made of lumber, cement, and bamboo which passes through a 2.7-hectare mangrove gardening project that leads to the 2,500 square meter mud crab production pond.
Before, the area had 18 hectares of mangrove trees that became a victim of overfishing and deforestation. The local government organized coastal cleaning, mangrove tree planting, and mud crab production as a way to protect the environment and give livelihood to the local families.
After my visit to Tinago Falls and Canaan Hill Farms, Kuya Elmer brought me to Cabucgayan Boardwalk. I was amazed by the view in front of me. The boardwalk is surrounded by mangrove trees and the sea. During my visit, we were the only ones there and it felt very peaceful. There was a picnic area along the boardwalk where we rested for an hour while we ate some snacks. We shared some stories while appreciating the wind and the view of nature around us.
The local government did a good job in Cabucgayan Boardwalk. I hope that the mangrove trees and marine life flourish there again and help the local families go out of poverty. If you are visiting Biliran, stop by and relax at Cabucgayan Boardwalk!
IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR MORE DESTINATIONS IN BILIRAN, YOU CAN ALSO CHECK MY BILIRAN TRAVEL GUIDE.
TRAVEL GUIDE & TIPS
HOW TO GET THERE:
- Charter a tricycle or motorcycle from Naval going to Cabucgayan Boardwalk. Or you can contact Kuya Elmer Samuray for a tour guide – 0915 269 8650 / 0929 713 8940. (Travel Time: 40 Minutes)
THINGS TO DO:
- Dining – there is a restaurant where you can buy local dishes.
- Kayaking/Paddle Boating – you can hire one to explore the area.
- Picture Taking – take a photo of the beautiful view of the sea and the mangrove trees.
- Island Hopping – hire a boat to go to Calumpijan Island/Shoe Island.
- Entrance Fee (Adults): ₱20 per person
- Entrance Fee (Senior Citizens): ₱15 per person
- Entrance Fee (Children): ₱10 per person
- Cottages (Good for 10 Persons): ₱200
- Floating Cottages (Good for 8 Persons): ₱250
- Tree Cottages: ₱100
- Eco Lodge Cottages (Good for 2-3 Persons): ₱600.00 per night
- Kayaking: ₱100 per hour
*Price is subject to change without prior notice
- BETHANY HILL BROWN ROOM ALMERIA
- BETHANY HILL BLACK ROOM ALMERIA
- MIDPOINT SUITES
- HOTEL BENJAMIN NAVAL
- FRAGOCH TOURIST INN
- MARVIN’S SEASIDE INN
- GV HOTEL NAVAL
CHECK OUT THESE DISCOUNTED/PROMO RATES FROM KLOOK:
- Boracay Parasailing
- Coron Super Ultimate Day Tour
- Boracay Sunset Cruise
- Puerto Princesa Underground River Day Tour Palawan
- Oslob Whale Shark and Cebu Canyoneering Adventure
- Facebook Page (Biliran Province): Biliran Island
- Facebook Page (NARAVIL-MFA Boardwalk): NARAVIL Boardwalk
- Contact Numbers (Tour Guide – Kuya Elmer Samuray): 0915 269 8650 / 0929 713 8940
- Contact Number (NARAVIL-MFA Boardwalk): 0926 691 0955
- Do not leave your trash anywhere. Let’s keep the boardwalk clean.
- You can rent floating cottages for dining or gathering.
- Kayaking and paddle boarding are available for you to explore the area.
- The area has been ravaged by past typhoons so the boardwalk is being restored from time to time.