Nami Island or Namiseom is one of South Korea’s famous tourist destinations which changes its look throughout the year. Depending on the season, you can witness the changing colors of the environment. If you are a fan of Kdramas, you’ll recognize Nami Island as the shooting location for the drama series, Winter Sonata, which caused a Korean Wave that made foreigners especially us Filipinos to visit Nami Island.
Nami Island is a half-moon-shaped island located at the river in Gangwon Province, 54 kilometers from Seoul. It is filled with different kinds of trees that bloom and change color depending on the season. Trees such as Metasequoia Trees, Ginkgo, Cherry, Korean Pine Trees, Tulip Trees, White Birch Trees, and Red Woods. The trees are grouped together into a lane which gives a bright foliage as you walk throughout the island.
SEEING THE COLORS IN NAMI ISLAND
After visiting Everland the day before. We traveled outside of Seoul again to visit Nami Island. We took the train and bus to arrive at the Nami Island Wharf where we rode the ferry going to the island.
Nami Island is a huge nature park where we explored every corner of it and appreciated the color of Autumn in front of us. Some tourists did different activities offered on the island from Zipwires, biking, and rowing to doing handicrafts. There are also restaurants and cafes on the island if you want to experience the food on the island.
We only took photos but this experience is one for the books. It was my first time to walk under the trees in autumn. If given the chance to visit Nami Island again, I want to experience it during spring when I can see cherry trees in full bloom or in winter when everything is covered in white. If you are a Kdrama or a nature lover, Nami Island should be on your list of destinations to visit in South Korea.
WANT TO KNOW MORE DESTINATIONS IN SEOUL? CHECK MY SOUTH KOREA EXPERIENCE!
TRAVEL GUIDE & TIPS
- 1 Namiseom-gil, Namsan-myeon, Chuncheon City, Gangwon Province, South Korea
HOW TO GET THERE:
a. BY SHUTTLE BUS (BOOK HERE):
- From Seoul, ride the direct shuttle bus to Nami Island (Round Trip, Travel Time: 2 Hours)
- Pickup and Drop Off stations: Hongik University Station Exit 4, Namsan Yejang Public Parking Lot, and Dongdaemun History & Culture Park Station Exit 10
b. BY TRAIN:
- Take the Gyeongchun Line, ride either at Sangbong Station (50 Minutes) or Chuncheon Station (28 Minutes), then drop off at Gapyeong Station.
- Or Take the ITX-Cheongchun and ride either Yongsan (60 Minutes), Cheongyangni (42 Minutes), or Chuncheon Stations (20 Minutes), then drop off at Gapyeong Station.
- From Gapyeong Station walk to Nami Island Wharf (Travel Time: 20 Minutes) or take a taxi (Travel Time: 5 Minutes)
c. BY CAR RENTAL:
d. BY TRAVEL TOURS (Include admission ticket, tour guide):
- Admission Fee (Adults): ₩16,000
- Admission Fee (Seniors & Youth: 13~18 Years Old): ₩13,000
- Admission Fee (Children: 36 Months ~ 12 Years Old): ₩10,000
- Parking Fee (Large Cars): ₩10,000
- Parking Fee (Small Cars): ₩6,000
- ADMISSION TICKET TO NAMI ISLAND VIA KLOOK
- ADMISSION TICKET TO NAMI ISLAND VIA KKDAY
- ACCOMMODATIONS IN SEOUL
- Ocloud Hotel Gangnam
- Grand Walkerhill Seoul
- ibis Styles Ambassador Seoul Gangnam
- Staz Hotel Myeongdong 2
- Hotel Venue G
- Jongno Amare Hotel
WHAT TO WEAR:
- Spring (Cool and Crisp): Jackets, light, layered clothes.
- Summer (Hot and Humid): Casual clothes and comfortable walking shoes. Bring an umbrella, a hat, and a sunscreen.
- Autumn (Cool and Dry): Long-sleeved shirts, pants, and a jacket.
- Winter (Cold): Thick winter coat, sweater, thermals, hat, thick socks, mittens or gloves, and a scarf.
CHECK OUT THESE DISCOUNTED/PROMO RATES FROM KLOOK:
- Hanbok Experience at Hanboknam Gyeongbokgung with Korean Hairstyling
- DMZ 3rd Invasion Tunnel and Suspension Bridge Day Tour from Seoul
- Nami Island / Alpaca / Railbike / Petite France / Morning Calm Tour
- Lotte World Ticket in Seoul
- N Seoul Tower Ticket
- Website: https://www.namisum.com/
- Contact Numbers: 031-580-8114 (General Information), 031-580-8151 (Customer Service Center), 031-580-8008 (Tourism Bureau)
- OPERATING HOURS: 9:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M. (Daily). Open All Year round.
- ACTIVITIES TO ENJOY IN NAMI ISLAND: Zip-Wire, TreeGo & TreeCoaster, Motorboat, Water Sports, Pedal/Rowing Boat, Biking, Charity Train, Story Tour Bus, and Hands-on Activities like glass blowing, lampworking, mug painting, and sanding.
- The admission tickets include the round-trip ferry fares.
- You can avail of a 1-Year Passport (₩49,000 ~ ₩69,000) that grants you a year of admission from the date of issue.
- There are restaurants and cafes located on Nami Island.
- Pets that are less than 15kg and on a leash are allowed. For pets other than dogs should be contacted to the Customer Service Center in advance.
- Fishing is prohibited.
- Baby strollers and Wheelchairs are available for rent.
- Camping and cooking are prohibited.
- Personal bicycles, e-scooters, kickboards, etc. are not allowed.
- Launching and operating drones is not allowed.