Aside from Tinago Falls, I also visited another waterfall in Biliran called Kasabangan Falls. It is the last destination I went to during my solo backpacking trip to Biliran. Kasabangan Falls is located in Barangay Balaquid in Cabucgayan on the slopes of Mt. Biliran.
During our journey to the falls, rain clouds started to form on top of us. The road to Kasabangan Falls is steep and the rain poured, I was worried that we might slip and fall but fortunately, Kuya Elmer is a good motorcycle driver. We arrived at the entrance of Kasabangan sound and safe.
We did a short trek through a man-made bridge going to the falls. It is located deep in the forest. Seeing it felt mysterious as it is hidden, enclosed in rocks, and surrounded by abandoned-like structures.
At first, I thought that I would see the place untouched but the surrounding place was developed as a resort to cater to tourists. I wish that the local government could have lessened that development in this area, but nonetheless, the resort is good for family and friends to gather. The cool waters of the falls made me relaxed after a whole day of exploring Biliran.
By the way, Kasabangan Falls is also a jump-off to an amazing falls called Saob Falls. If you are looking for more adventure in Cabucgayan, you can ask the locals for a tour guide.
IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR MORE DESTINATIONS IN BILIRAN, YOU CAN ALSO CHECK MY BILIRAN TRAVEL GUIDE.
TRAVEL GUIDE & TIPS
HOW TO GET THERE:
- Charter a tricycle or motorcycle from Naval going to Kasabangan Falls. Or you can contact Kuya Elmer Samuray for a tour guide – 0915 269 8650 / 0929 713 8940. (Travel Time: 50 Minutes)
THINGS TO DO:
- Swimming – Take a dip in its cool waters
- Picnic – bring food, eat, and gather with your family and friends while being surrounded by nature
- Picture Taking – take a photo of Kasabangan Falls
- Entrance Fee (Adults): ₱20 per person
- Entrance Fee (Minors): ₱10 per person
*Price is subject to change without prior notice
- BETHANY HILL BROWN ROOM ALMERIA
- BETHANY HILL BLACK ROOM ALMERIA
- MIDPOINT SUITES
- HOTEL BENJAMIN NAVAL
- FRAGOCH TOURIST INN
- MARVIN’S SEASIDE INN
- GV HOTEL NAVAL
CHECK OUT THESE DISCOUNTED/PROMO RATES FROM KLOOK:
- Boracay Parasailing
- Coron Super Ultimate Day Tour
- Boracay Sunset Cruise
- Puerto Princesa Underground River Day Tour Palawan
- Oslob Whale Shark and Cebu Canyoneering Adventure
- Facebook Page (Biliran Province): Biliran Island
- Contact Numbers (Tour Guide – Kuya Elmer Samuray): 0915 269 8650 / 0929 713 8940
- Do not litter. Keep your trash with you.
- The place is not well maintained so be careful with your steps.
- Bring water and food.