Aside from Jeongbang Waterfall, Cheonjiyeon Waterfall is also one of the famous waterfalls that can be found in Jeju. It has a height of 22 meters and it is 12 meters wide with its water falling down a rocky cliff into a deep pool below. As the water falls into the pool, it makes a thundering sound where it got its name, Cheonjiyeon, which means “sky connected with land”.
After visiting Sangumburi Crater and Jeongbang Waterfall, we explored Cheonjiyeon Waterfall. The waterfall is inside a park and the only way to see the falls is by walking. The park was well-designed and surrounded by nature – a beautiful forest, a clean river, and animals. Walking is not a problem as long as you have this kind of view.
We arrived at Cheonjiyeon Waterfall before dark. During our visit, the flow of water was weak so we haven’t heard its thundering sound. Cheonjiyeon Waterfall is different from Jeongbang but the path going to the falls is very nice especially if you love being with nature and want to take a peaceful stroll.
Cheonjiyeon Waterfall was our last natural destination in Jeju. Our next destination is somewhat controversial but fun to visit. A park called Jeju Loveland.
WANT TO KNOW MORE DESTINATIONS IN JEJU ISLAND? CHECK MY SOUTH KOREA: JEJU ISLAND & SEOUL TRAVEL BLOG!
TRAVEL GUIDE & TIPS
- 2-15, Namseongjung-ro, Seogwipo City, Jeju Island, South Korea
HOW TO GET THERE:
a. BY BUS:
- From Jeju Airport, ride the 182 Express Bus. Get off at Jeju World Cup Stadium Seogwipo Bus Terminal. (Travel Time: 1 Hour and 10 Minutes)
- From Jeju World Cup Stadium, take the 600 Bus. Drop at Saekgijeong Park (West). (Travel Time: 15 Minutes)
- Walk to Cheonjiyeon Waterfall (Travel Time: 11 Minutes)
b. BY CAR RENTAL:
c. BY CHARTERED CAR (Including Fuel fees, Parking fees, Toll fees, and 9 hours of private car charter service):
d. BY TRAVEL TOURS:
- Entrance Fee (Adults): ₩2,000
- Entrance Fee (Teenagers & Children): ₩1,000
- Entrance Fee (Senior Citizens): Free
- ACCOMMODATIONS IN JEJU
- Shinshin Hotel Seogwipo
- Hotel Whistlelark, BW Signature Collection
- Hotel RegentMarine The Blue
- Ebenezer Hotel
- Shinshin Hotel Cheonjiyeon
- Jeju The Jade Hotel
CHECK OUT THESE DISCOUNTED/PROMO RATES FROM KLOOK:
- Aqua Planet Jeju Ticket (Foreigners Only)
- Gimnyeong Yacht Cruise Tour in Jeju
- Nanta Show Ticket in Jeju
- Jeju K-Pop & K-Drama Day Tour
- Starry Night Photoshoot Experience in Jeju
- Contact Numbers: (+82) 064-733-1528
- OPERATING HOURS: 09:00 A.M. – 10:00 P.M. Daily. Open all year round.
- FACILITIES: Public Parking, Cash Payment, Credit Card Payment, Restrooms, Beverage Stand, Guidance and Information Facilities, Alarm and Evacuation Facilities
- The last time to purchase a ticket and enter is before 9:20 P.M.
- Do not litter. Keep the place clean.
- A parking area is available.
- Several souvenir stores can be found in the park.